Tag-Connect Plug-of-Nails In-Circuit Programming and JTAG Cables
Supported 8-bit Architectures: ARM, PIC, dsPIC, MSP430, Atmel, Generic JTAG, Altera, Xilinx, BDM, ADI, TI DSP & More
Tag-Connect’s Plug-of-Nails™ cables provide a simple, reliable means of connecting Debuggers, Programmers and Test Equipment to your PCB’s while lowering board costs, reducing board space and facilitating efficient production programming.
Tag-Connect uses specially designed connectors which eliminate the need for a programming header or other mating connector on every PCB. Instead, Tag-Connect uses tried and tested spring-pins to make a secure connection to a special footprint of pads and locating holes in your PCB.
The PCB footprint can take up as little board space as 0.02 square inches (about the board space of an 0805 resistor).
Plug-of-Nails Cables are available with 6, 10 and 14-pins and come in “Legged” and “No-Legs” versions. The Legged versions have feet that snap into your PCB for prolonged debugging or programming operations whereas the No-Legs versions are designed for fast and efficient hand-held operations and are well suited to production programming.
A growing range of adapter boards and cables makes these cables compatible with most families of MCUs, DSP’s, FPGAs and other JTAG devices including ARM Cortex, PIC, MSP430, ATMEL, Freescale, Renesas, Altera, Xilinx, ADI, TI DSP’s as well as being great for SPI / IIC and test point access.
Tag-Connect’s TC2030-CTX cable for ARM Cortex has been selected as a Finalist in the EETIMES / EDN 2013 ACE awards.
Features & Benefits
- Zero Connector Cost per Board!
- Tiny Footprint!
- No mating connector required on your PCB!
- High-Reliability Spring-Pins for a Secure Connection!
- Save Cost & Space on Every Board!
- Available in 6, 10 and 14-pins “Legged” & “No Legs” versions.
- Legged version snaps to PCB for a prolonged secure connection. No-Legs version is hand-held during a quick programming operation.
- TC20×0-IDC cables terminate in standard ribbon connectors compatible with many device programmers. TC2030–MCP cables have RJ12 modular plugs For Microchip IDC3. There is also a USB to TC2030 Serial cable.
Full product range at www.Tag-Connect.com. Also sold at Digikey, Mouser, MicrochipDirect, and others. See website for full details.
MCU, DSP, FPGA & CPLD device programming and debug. Test Signal and ATE Access.
Tag-Connect, LLC433 Airport Blvd, Suite 425
Burlingame, CA, 94010
tele: 1 877 244 4156