Lantronix Announces Python Support for Company’s Intelligent Device Software Platform
Support for Industry’s Most Popular Programming Language Combined With Ruggedized Lantronix Intelligent Gateways Enables Rapid Development and Deployment of Secure IoT Applications
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) solutions, today announced availability of new software features for its PremierWave® family of Intelligent Gateways. With this release, Lantronix added support for Python® — a dynamic, object-oriented programming language that is rapidly becoming a standard for creating and deploying industrial IoT applications. The Company also announced the launch of a new developers’ wiki to provide downloadable sample scripts, instructions, and a platform for community sharing and collaboration.
“Addition of Python support enables customers to make application specific software customizations easily by utilizing the vast array of available Python resources and without diving into embedded systems programming,” said Vishal Kakkad, director of product marketing for Lantronix. “Customers can now bring M2M/IoT solutions to market faster by focusing on their customized application logic and combining it with the secure remote access, protocol handling, robust connectivity management and device management capabilities of the underlying Lantronix enterprise grade software and rugged cellular or Wi-Fi connected hardware platforms optimized for Industrial IoT deployments.”
Key Benefits of Python Support in Lantronix Products:
- Full Python Standard Library Support – Permits simpler development workflow and use of all standard features without limitations.
- Focus on key application logic while benefitting from using secure and ruggedized M2M/IoT Gateway products.
- Make use of vast resources of available software code and developer expertise in Python to customize M2M applications.
- Bring M2M solutions to market faster with portable applications using the Python interpreter and ready to deploy M2M gateways.
- Scale M2M applications by making intelligent decisions at the network edge (closer to the source of the data) and sending only relevant data to the cloud.
Supported Lantronix Products:
- PremierWave® XC HSPA+ Intelligent Cellular M2M Gateway- An industrial grade, 3.5G cellular solution for communicating with industrial equipment and machines remotely and securely.
- PremierWave® XN Intelligent Wi-Fi Gateway -High-performance, dual band (2.4/5GHz) Wireless LAN Gateway Offering Enterprise Wi-Fi Security for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The Company plans to support Python on additional product families. Please contact Lantronix Sales for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lantronix Python Wiki
Lantronix customers, partners, and IoT enthusiasts are encouraged to visit the new Lantronix Python Wiki — where they can find reference information and download sample code and instructions, and share ideas with the community of Lantronix users through Python forums. For more information or to download the latest samples, visit http://wiki.lantronix.com/developer/.
How to Buy
Lantronix Intelligent Gateway solutions are available for purchase globally through Lantronix.com, as well as through the company’s distribution channels and partners on a worldwide basis. For more information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix products have applications in every industry, including education, medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail, POS, financial, government, consumer electronics, and IT/data center. The Company’s headquarters are located in Irvine, California. For more information, visit www.lantronix.com.
Learn more at the Lantronix blog, www.lantronix.com/blog, featuring industry discussion and updates
- To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit www.twitter.com/Lantronix
- Follow us and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PALbyLantronix
- Visit our video library on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/LantronixInc
- Connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/lantronix
- Check out photos of our latest trade shows, events, product demos, company events, and more on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/Lantronix_Inc