Industry’s Smallest IO-Link® Transceiver Reduces Power Dissipation More Than 50%
Maxim Integrated’s MAX14827 enables intelligent sensors with reduced maintenance and increased uptime with continuous diagnostics and monitoring.
Industrial systems designers now have a robust IO-Link® dual-channel transceiver that dissipates the lowest heat in the smallest package with the MAX14827 from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- For more information about MAX14827, visit http://bit.ly/MAX14827.
- For information about Maxim’s IO-Link solutions, visit http://bit.ly/IO-LinkTransceivers.
The Industry 4.0 revolution is enabling smarter factories to increase productivity and manufacturing flexibility. IO-Link sensors enable this revolution by bringing intelligence and control down to the factory floor. Sensors are getting smaller and need to deliver more functionality, while ensuring robust communications. Power is also critical because these sensors are small and it is difficult to dissipate heat. The MAX14827 dual-channel, 250mA transceiver meets these requirements, while also integrating high-voltage functions commonly found in industrial sensors, including drivers and regulators. It features two ultra-low power drivers with active reverse-polarity protection to reduce downtime.
For sensors that use a microcontroller, a SPI™ interface is available with extensive diagnostics. For IO-Link operation, a three-wire UART interface is provided, allowing interfacing to the microcontroller UART. Finally, a multiplexed UART/SPI option allows using one serial microcontroller interface for shared SPI and UART interfaces. The device includes on-board 3.3V and 5V linear regulators for low-noise analog/logic supply rails.
- Lower on-resistance (Ron): 2.5 Ohm Ron (typical) saves more than 50% power dissipation
- Tiny WLP package: Saves 60% of board space
- Robust 65V Abs Max: Enables flexible TVS protection selection
- High integration and configurability: Reduces SKU’s with selectable PP, NPN, PNP output
- “The MAX14827 has the lowest drop voltage for a dual transceiver in the smallest package,” said Tim Leung, Senior Business Manager at Maxim Integrated. “Maxim’s commitment to IO-Link and working with our customers on designs that have passed surge and burst enables us to consistently deliver robust products for the industrial market.”
Availability and Pricing
- Available in a WLP package (2.5mm x 2.5mm) or TQFN package (4mm x 4mm)
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range
- Pricing starts at $3.35 (1000-up, FOB USA)
- An evaluation kit is also available: http://bit.ly/MAX14827EVKIT.
embedded world 2016
View MAX14827 and other Maxim demos in Hall 1, Stand 370. At the embedded world Conference, Konrad Scheuer, Principal Member of Technical Staff at Maxim Integrated, will present “Industrial IoT Will Require Embedded Hardware Security” at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24 (Session 14). http://bit.ly/emb2016
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We’re making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.