STMicroelectronics Embraces New Digital Age in China
ST showcases its latest technologies and products for the Internet of Things and Smart Driving at electronica China 2016
STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, is showcasing its latest technologies and products for Smart Driving, Smart Environments, and Smart Things at electronica China in Shanghai New International Expo Center, Hall E2 Booth 2102, March 15 -17, 2016.
ST’s Smart Driving solutions focus on Assisted Driving (safety and security), Green Driving (engine efficiency and vehicle electrification), and Connected Driving (infotainment and telematics). ST’s offering for Smart Environments addresses energy efficiency along the entire power lifecycle through high-efficiency power supplies and energy-management technologies, smart (LED) lighting, and home automation. ST also provides all the building blocks for applications that make up a vast universe of Smart Things in our homes, offices, streets, and cars.
The ST demonstrations at electronica China 2016 include:
- A USB Type-C and Power Delivery evaluation board; a self-propelled, self-balancing transportation device based on ST’s STM32 microcontrollers and MEMS motion sensors; a controllable smart wall switch and other BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) applications.
- Image sensors and imaging processors in 360° Surround View automotive-camera systems; a glass-cleaning robot equipped with ST’s Time-of-Flight laser-ranging sensors able to detect window edges and operate efficiently on frameless windows.
- A set of components that addresses all the key parts of a 3D printer, including motor-drive ICs, low-voltage Power MOS, 32-bit microcontrollers, and Wi-Fi modules; 1200V SiC MOSFET; DC-DC bi-directional converters for HEVs; highly efficient dimmable LED drivers with wireless remote control; and cost-optimized 3-phase motor controls.
- High-performance STM32F4 32-bit microcontrollers that enable voice recognition and sensor fusion; STM8 8-bit microcontrollers that power a smart fitness band with long battery life; ultra-low-power STM32L MCUs enabling sensor fusion on a smart watch and a number of other innovative embedded applications and tools.
- An NFC Forum Type 4 Tag IC integrated in a Bluetooth earphone for fast and simple wireless connection to an NFC phone; dual-interface dynamic NFC/RFID tags used for syncing smart-watch data with an NFC phone and for downloading and installing apps on Smart Home gateways; an NFC-enabled smart-lock solution.
- A complete module that controls major car-body functions, including exterior/interior lamps, central lock, front and rear wipers, power window controls, Remote Keyless Entry, LIN and high-speed CAN communication; dashboard solutions based on ST’s 32-bit Power Architecture™ microprocessor platform; processors for car-radio and display, telematics and connectivity (V2X) applications; a fully integrated 24-GHz transceiver for automotive radar applications.
At the International Embedded System Innovation Forum co-located with electronica China 2016, Johnson Cao, STMicroelectronics’ Senior Marketing Manager for Microcontrollers in Greater China will talk about the STM32, the industry’s most comprehensive platform of 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M microcontroller devices covering mainstream, high-performance, and low-power embedded applications. STM32 has penetrated into all key applications of IoT (Internet of Things) including wearables, portable healthcare, smart home, smart energy, and smart transportation. STM32 users have access to a strong development ecosystem built in cooperation with local software, hardware, and solution providers, design companies, and distributors, supported by innovative business models and complementary value chain.
Maurizio Gallinari, Product Management Senior Manager for ST’s Automotive and Discrete Group, is delivering a speech titled “Power Train and Vehicle Environment Impact: What are the Silicon Innovation Drivers?” at the China International Automotive Electronics Conference, one of electronica China’s supporting events. The power-train segment has seen a steady growth over the years, driven by the legislation that regulates car emissions and strives to optimize fuel consumption. This has an effect on the semiconductor market, increasing the system complexity and electronic content, including the use of sensors, sophisticated control logic, more precise actuations, and enhanced power. ST’s advanced automotive design capabilities and tailored front-end and back-end technologies effectively address the challenges brought by the combination of high integration, logic density, high pin count, and high power-dissipation needs.
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices.
By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2015, the Company’s net revenues were $6.90 billion, serving more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Further information can be found at www.st.com.