STMicroelectronics Showcases Smart Innovative Solutions for Dynamic Mobile and IoT Market at MWC Shanghai
Broad technology portfolio enables creation of augmented applications from Smart Things and Homes to Smart Cities and Smart Driving
STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, is showcasing its latest products and technologies for the mobile, wearable, and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications at Mobile World Congress Shanghai, June 29 – July 1, 2016.
With the rapid proliferation of Connected Things, estimated to reach 8.6 billion in Asia Pac by 2020, the IoT is widely accepted as a key to building a future with infinite possibilities. ST has been a pioneer in enabling the IoT and its technologies have been making everything smarter, fuelling the wave of augmented applications, including Smart Things, Smart Cities, and Smart Driving.
ST’s demonstrations at MWC Shanghai 2016 will include:
- Using the Time-of-Flight (ToF) principle, ST’s FlightSense™ sensors (VL53L0) provide highly accurate absolute-range measurement for a wide spectrum of applications, such as AF-assist in the latest mobile phones; obstacle avoidance in robots; reading-distance management in tablets; power saving in IoT; 1D and swipe gesture in a development kit connected to STM32 microcontrollers.
- A wide portfolio of smart applications with ST’s motion, touch, and environmental sensors inside, including smart phones, smart watches, smart bands, AR smart glasses, drones, and self-balance robots; five different STM32 Nucleo kits enabling quick development of Bluetooth Low Energy, Sensor, Analog, MEMS Microphone, and Sub-GHz Wireless-Connectivity applications.
- STM32 Graphic User Interface (GUI) solutions for HMI and Wearable applications based on the STemWin and TouchGFX embedded software running on high-performance STM32F4 and STM32F7 Discovery Boards.
- The ST25TA02K-P NFC Forum Type 4 Tag IC that enables quick and simple creation connection of Bluetooth® earphones with an NFC phone; the M24SR Dynamic NFC / RFID tags integrated in a smart watch for fast and simple settings and data synchronization with an NFC phone; other M24SR applications displayed at the ST stand include an NFC electric fan, an NFC temperature logger, and NFC solutions for smart-home gateways and smart LED drivers.
- Secure mobile-payment and public-transportation solutions for smartphones, wearable and connected devices based on ST’s ST54 Secure NFC platform.
- Wireless Battery Charger ICs suitable for mobile and handheld devices; Smart Antenna Tuning Solutions.
- A Bluetooth-based smart-home lighting system controlled by a mobile application and wireless Bluetooth switches; a complete mesh-network lighting system that integrates environmental control and wireless switches.
- A consumer drone navigation solution based on ST’s STM32F7 MCU, LSM6DS33 6-axis inertial module, LIS3MDL 3-axis magnetometer, LPS22HB pressure sensor, VL53L0X ToF ranging sensor, and the STA8090 GPS module.
- ST’s Accordo family of multimedia processors that replicate the smartphone display and user interface on the car dashboard screen; ST’s solutions for telematics (Telemaco) and GNSS (Teseo); car-radio tuners and power amplifiers.
As one of the members, ST will also be present at the LoRa® Alliance booth (Hall N2, Booth E86), showcasing ST’s LoRa sensor node and a variety of STM32 Nucleo boards.
At the MWC 2016 Drone Summit, Xavier Baraton, ST’s Strategic Business Development Director for Consumer Robotics and Smart City in Greater China and South Asia, will deliver a speech on the revolution of drones and how semiconductor developments have expanded the application areas for drones through a strong interaction with the IoT and mobile electronics. The speech takes place on July 1 2016 from 10:35 to 11:05 at N2 Theatre, Hall N2.
Visit ST’s booth at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016, Hall N1 Booth E50.
 IDC : Asia/Pacific Becomes the Frontline for IoT, with Industry to Connect 8.6 Billion Things and Create an USD583 Billion Market Opportunity by 2020: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prHK25553415
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2015, the Company’s net revenues were $6.90 billion, serving more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Further information can be found at www.st.com.