MCP2021A LIN Transceiver with Voltage Regulator
The MCP2021A provides a bidirectional, half duplex communication physical interface to meet the LIN bus specification Revision 2.1 and SAE J2602-2. The device incorporates a voltage regulator with 5V or 3.3V 70 mA regulated power supply output. The regulator is short-circuit protected and also includes thermal shutdown. The device has been designed to meet the stringent quiescent current requirements of the automotive industry and will survive +43V load dump transients, reverse battery conditions, and double battery jump starts. The devices’ very low emissions, excellent robustness to automotive transients and very high ESD robustness have been confirmed by independent test authorities.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Physical Layer Transceiver interface to support LIN Bus Specifications Version 1.3, 2.0, 2.1 and SAE J2602
- Integrated 3.3V or 5.0V Vreg with output current of 70 mA and current limit greater than 250 mA
- ESD performance on Vbb & LIN pins > 15KV (IEC 61000-4-2)
- Meets stringent auto requirements including “OEM Hardware Requirements for LIN, CAN and FlexRay Interfaces in Automotive Applications”, Version 1.2, March 2011
- Typical powerdown current < 4.5 µA
- Support Baud Rates up to 20 kBaud
- Maximum Continuous Input Voltage of 30V
- Wide LIN Compliant Supply Voltage, 6.0-18.0V
- Extended Temperature Range: -40 to +125°C
- Wake-up on LIN Bus Activity or Local Wake Input
Cruise control, wiper, turning light, rain sensor, light sensor, sun roof, small motors, climate panel, engine sensors, seat position motors, occupancy sensors, mirrors, window lift, door lock
The device is in production. For a complete list of available products and tools, please visit www.microchip.com/lin.