SiTime’s Automotive MEMS Oscillators Deliver 30 Times Better Robustness
SiTime Corporation, a MEMS-based timing solutions supplier that is a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation, introduced two families of ultra-robust AEC-Q100-qualified MEMS oscillators. The SiT2024/25 and SiT8924/25 oscillators are designed for ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) compliant automotive applications such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), in-vehicle Ethernet, powertrain and electronic control units (ECUs).
“The automotive industry is going through a massive transformation, with new features such as advanced safety and driver assistance systems, electrification, automation and real-time big data analytics. The usage of electronic components in automobiles is increasing rapidly and requires stringent levels of quality, reliability and performance,” said Piyush Sevalia, executive vice president of marketing at SiTime. “MEMS technologies are playing a significant role in this transformation.”
SiTime’s new automotive families offer a combination of wide frequency range, tight stability at ±20 ppm and the best reliability. The SiT2024/25 oscillators are optimized for under-the-hood systems such as engine control, transmission control, active suspension control, electronic steering and other ECUs. These oscillators are available in a SOT23-5 leaded package to enable visual inspection and the best solder joint reliability, especially in hot and cold environments. The SiT8924/25 oscillators, available in industry-standard QFN footprints as small as 2.0 x 1.6 mm, are ideal for camera modules and other small form factor systems.
SiTime’s automotive oscillators are 30 times more robust than quartz oscillators and deliver the following:
• AEC-Q100 qualified, Grade 1 (-40°C to +125°C), Grade 2 (-40°C to +105°C) and extended temperature range (-55°C to +125°C)
• SiT2024/2025: SOT23-5 leaded package for best board-level solder-joint reliability and ease-of-use in manufacturing and test
• SiT8924/8925: Five package options in industry-standard oscillator footprints
• Excellent frequency stability at ±20 ppm for best timing margin
• Highest reliability at over 1 billion hours MTBF (< 1 FIT)
• Best shock resistance at 50,000 g
• Best vibration resistance at 70 g
• Lowest vibration sensitivity (g-sensitivity) at 0.1 ppb/g
• Widest frequency range of 1 to 137 MHz with 6 decimal places of accuracy
• Unique, programmable output drive strength for EMI reduction
Supply voltage options of 1.8V, 2.5 to 3.3V