New Real News
January - 2017
- How Can the Smart Home Save Money?
A smart meterâs mission may have less to do with empowering homeowners to save costs and
December - 2016
- Linear Redrivers Make Visible Difference in DisplayPort Connections
Capable of 10 Gbps speeds and beyond, DisplayPort requires linear redrivers to achieve proper
- Honeywell's Transportation Systems Forecast Sees Global Annual Sales Of Turbocharged Vehicles Increasing 35 Percent By 2021 And Outpacing Total Industry CAGR 3 To 1
By 2021 turbo vehicle sales to reach 52 million annually, up from 38 million in 2016 Need
- Time for a New Approach to Video Bridging
As the I/O landscape for automotive, industrial, and other applications continues to evolve
- Design Advantages of Programmable, Efficient SoC Architectures
Flexible interfacing, hardware reconfigurability, and improved power efficiency are among the
November - 2016
- Meeting Storage Requirements for In-Vehicle Computing
The technology developments that are bringing cars closer to the ideal balance of high capacity storage and long service life.
- Memory-Centric SoCs and AI
What can be realized as high-performing and low-power memory-centric SoCs pair with IoT devices
- Intel® Natural Language Processing Won’t Hit the Wall Anytime Soon
Delivering language and machine learning capabilities to eHealthâwith an eye toward automotive,
- Samsung Electronics to Acquire HARMAN, Accelerating Growth in Automotive and Connected Technologies
Samsung Will Gain Significant Presence in Connected Car Market; Creates End-to-End Solutions Powerhouse by Combining HARMANâs Role in Infotainment, Telematics and Sound Management with Samsungâs Connected Mobility Solutions, Semiconductors, User Experience and Displays
- Synopsys to Expand Software Security Signoff Solution with Acquisition of Cigital and Codiscope
Synopsys Inc. plans to acquire Cigital, a privately held provider of software security managed and professional services, and Codiscope, a 2015 spinoff of Cigital and provider of complementary security tools.
- Microchip will Continue to Provide a “Whole Solution” Approach Post Atmel Acquisition
Customers can continue to design Microchip in with confidence. Microchip Technology Inc.
- ARM TechCon 2016 Reveals the Internet of Useful Things
ARMÂ® Holdings, with a system point of view, pledges to support IoT âfrom chip-to-cloudâ
October - 2016
- Is Linux Secure?
Consider the amount of attention paid to proprietary code versus the many eyes upon the code
- Qualcomm to acquire NXP
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:Â Â QCOM) and NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:Â Â NXPI) today
- Ship-Shape Then and Now
Welcome to our ARM TechCon Issue âShip-shapeâ is a term I became curious about as I
- Changes in Memory Storage Herald a Dynamic Future
Technology developments are introducing memory storage option choices. For 3D NAND in particular,
- Intel Capital Invests $38M in 12 Technology Startups
More than $38 million invested in 12 startups across a range of innovative technologies, including big data analytics, autonomous machines and AR/VR.
- Energy Harvesting Reaps Rewards for Sensor Networks
Wireless sensors are being used in commercial and domestic buildings, vehicles and industrial
- Move Over Apple Car; Linux is Going to Drive
Automotive Grade Linux is collaborating to build the car of the future through rapid innovation
- Securing the IoT evolution
While the Internet of Things (IoT) is well-accepted as a concept, there are issues to address for secure connectivity. A proven developer platform, supported by an ecosystem of partners can speed up the creation and deployment of IoT devices based on ARMÂ® microcontrollers. Caroline Hayes talks to Jan Jongboom, Developer Evangelist IoT at ARM.
- ARM Cortex-R52 Meets Challenge of Autonomous Systems
The new ARMÂ® CortexÂ®-R52 can meet raised functional safety standards across multiple markets, from automotive to industrial and including healthcare. ARM Product Manager, James Scobie, tells Caroline Hayes how the companyâs latest processor can meet raised standards in increasingly complex systems.
- Extension Media Launches Machine Learning Developers Conference 2017
New event co-located with the IoT Developers Conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center
September - 2016
- The Quest to Simplify Human-Machine Interfaces
Taking a âclean sheetâ approach to HMI. Weâve come a long way from the earliest days
- MEMS & Sensors Industry Group highlights near-term and future connected tech at annual Executive Conference
MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG)Â today announced highlights of itsÂ twelfth annual
- Blockchain Technology Could Reinvent the Auto Industry
A technology with the chops to add trust and validation to the IoT in a distributed manner
- Barriers to Digital Signage Ubiquity Keep Tumbling
Itâs increasingly a âlook ma, no seams!â world for Digital Signage, with chips that conserve
- GENIVI Alliance Announces New Open Source Vehicle Simulator Project
The GENIVI Alliance, a non-profit alliance focused on developing an open in-vehicle infotainment
- Keeping Ahead of Wireless Connectivity’s Quick Pace: Q&A with Avnet
Whether to address robust car-to-car communication, the role motion sensing is playing as cloud
- MEMS sensors market to reach $3.6 billion by 2021
According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of the global automotive
- Wireless and Precise: Q&A with DecaWave
Virtual reality, bike safety, and self-parking vehicles all have something in common, and so