Pericom expands support for latest embedded chipsets and platforms
New Timing, Connectivity, Switching, and Signal Integrity Products Target Automotive, Industrial, and Medical Applications
Pericom Semiconductor Corporation (now part of Diodes Incorporated, NASDAQ: DIOD), a leading supplier of serial high-speed switching, signal integrity, connectivity and timing solutions, today announced multiple new products supporting next generation embedded chipsets and platforms, including automotive-infotainment, industrial PC (IPC), medical, and other related applications. Pericom will display these products at Embedded World, Hall 4A, booth 529 February 23-25, 2016 in Nuremberg, Germany.
Embedded platforms use a number of different CPU vendors who employ PCIe as the main I/O protocol. Pericom offers multiple PCIe products covering packet switch, protocol bridge, signal switch, signal integrity (ReDriver), and timing functions in support of PCIe speeds up to 8Gb (PCIe 3.0). Pericom is introducing new PCI Express (PCIe) timing, connectivity, switching, and signal integrity products essential for embedded applications.
“Our products and solutions are an excellent match for embedded platform protocols and functionality, because of our commitment to technology, broad protocols, supporting long product life cycles and meeting the specific requirements such as AEC qualification by automotive customers,” said Bill Weir, senior director of marketing, Pericom Semiconductor. “Our offerings and long term relationships with our customers are further strengthened by Diodes Incorporated’s product portfolio, sales force, and position in the market place.”
New connectivity products announced at Embedded World 2016 include PCIe 2.0 packet switches with unique features such as integrated clock buffers, AECQ 3-Port / 4-Lane packet switch for infotainment applications, and PI7C9X2G308GP industry’s only PCIe 2.0 packet switch that supports x4 upstream to 2 x2 ports downstream.
Timing products include the industry’s only AEC-Q100 qualified 100MHz PCIe clock generators aimed at automotive infotainment applications and programmable crystal oscillators (XO) which can support any frequency with a very short sample lead time for various embedded applications.
Pericom has added newly AEC-Q100 qualified ReDrivers for automotive applications requiring extended cabin cabling of high speed serial signals such as USB 3.0 and PCIe. The new USB Type-C™ reversible connector is being adopted across most embedded applications and Pericom offers leadership solutions in ReDrivers and switches for this fast growing technology.
Product Part Numbers and Availability: All of the new products are available now, either sampling or in production phase.
Connectivity Product Solutions:
- PI7C9X2G608EL: PCIe 2.0 6-ports, 8-Lanes Packet Switch
- PI7C9X2G308GP: PCIe 2.0 3-ports, 8-Lanes Packet Switch
- PI7C9X2G312GP: PCIe 2.0 3-ports, 12-Lanes Packet Switch
- PI7C9X2G304SLBQ: PCIe 2.0 3-ports, 4-Lanes Packet Switch for Automotive
- Complete portfolio of Packet Switches
Timing Product Solutions:
- PI6C557-05Q: PCIe Gen1/Gen2 4 output Clock Generator
- PI6C557-03AQ: PCIe 2.0 Clock Generator with 2 HCSL Outputs
- PI6C557-01BQ: Single HCSL output PCIe Clock Generator
- Programmable Crystal Oscillator (XO) Family: LVCMOS, LVPECL, LVDS, CML, HCSL
Signal Integrity ReDriver/Repeater Product Solutions:
- PI3EQX7741AIQ: 3.3V, 5.0Gbps 1-port USB3.0 ReDriver with Equalization & Emphasis
- PI3EQX501BQ: 3.3V, 5.0Gbps (Single-Channel) USB3.0 ReDriver with Equalization & Emphasis
- ReDriver / Signal Conditioners Portfolio
Switching Product Solutions:
- PI5USB30216C/D: USB Type-C™ plug orientation (CC pins) detector
- PI4IOE5V9539: 16-bit I2C-bus and SMBus low power I/O port with interrupt and reset
- Complete USB Type-C Solution
Pericom Semiconductor Corporation enables serial connectivity with complete solutions for computing, communications and consumer market segments. Pericom’s integrated circuits (IC) and frequency control products (FCP) provide the connectivity, timing, switching, bridging, and signal conditioning of high-speed signals required by today’s electronic applications. Pericom is based in Milpitas, California, with design centers and technical sales and support offices around the world. Pericom is a qualified supplier to more than 100 of the world’s largest (Tier 1) corporations. Pericom was recently acquired by Diodes Incorporated (NASDAQ: DIOD). Learn more at www.pericom.com.
Pericom1545 Barber Lane
Milpitas, CA, 95035