June - 2013
- QuickLogic Enables Easy Integration of SDIO-Based Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Peripheral Devices with USB-Based Processors
QuickLogic Corporation (NASDAQ: QUIK), the innovator of ultra-low-power programmable Customer Specific Standard Products (CSSPs), today announced the availability of an SDIO-to-USB
- Kontron’s new VPX graphics card with AMD Embedded Radeon processor for GPGPU applications in avionics and military technology
Kontron’s new 3U VPX graphics card VX3327 boasts performance of 576 GFLOPs for superior situational awareness Today at the Paris Air Show, Kontron (Hall 4 - Booth A76-B76)
- Curtiss-Wright Debuts Highest Performing 6U FPGA Card with Trio of Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGAs
New CHAMP-FX4 OpenVPX™ board combines enormous processing density and I/O flexibility Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions, a business group of Curtiss-Wright Controls,
- OCZ Technology Group Achieves First-Pass Silicon Success with DesignWare IP and Synopsys Professional Services
Silicon-Proven DesignWare IP and Consulting Services Reduce Integration Risk and Help Accelerate Deployment of Complete SoC Design Flow Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a global leader
- Energy Micro MCU combines complex data processing with low power operation in diabetes management solution
Brighter AB integrates Ucaretron 32-bit blood glucose monitor with Allmedicus biosensor and insulin injection in Brighter One device Energy Micro, the energy friendly microcontroller
- Agilent Technologies Announces Industry's First MIPI M-PHY Receiver and Transmitter Tests with Switch Automation
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the industry's first MIPITM M-PHY physical layer receiver and transmitter tests with switch automation. The tests are designed
- Mentor Graphics Accelerates Verification with Emulation-Ready Verification IP for MIPI Products
Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced MIPI-protocol verification IP (VIP) for use with their latest-generation Veloce® hardware emulation platform. This allows engineers
- WIN-T Increment 1 Enables National Guard to Restore Vital Network Communications Following a Disaster
Proven in combat to provide soldiers with secure voice, data and Internet connectivity, WIN-T Increment 1 systems help the U.S. Army National Guard re-establish network communications
- “The MEMS for mobile industry will reach $6.4B by 2018”, announces Yole Développement.
“MEMS for Cell Phones and Tablets report”, a report from Yole Développement Yole Développement announces its new technology & market analysis MEMS for Cell Phones and Tablets.
- STMicroelectronics Reveals New Technology Platform for RF Front End of Wireless Devices
Optimized RF Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI) process greatly reduces size of multi-band radios for 4G and other high-speed wireless connections Booming demand for faster wireless broadband
- ADLINK Introduces Two Channel 200 MS/s 14-Bit PCI Express Digitizer
PCIe-9852 offers high sampling rates and onboard signal averaging for long-term, high-speed data recording ADLINK Technology, Inc. announces the release of its new high-speed
- Atrenta Announces Design Service Alliance Network in Israel
Broad partnership brings the benefits of SpyGlass to an expanded customer base Atrenta Inc., the leading provider of SoC Realization solutions for the semiconductor and consumer
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ New VME SBC Based on the 4th Generation Intel® Core™i7 Processor Delivers Low-Cost, High Performance Solution for System Upgrades
New S/DVME-1908 6U VME SBC delivers unmatched combination of ruggedization and low-cost for Defense & Aerospace technology insertion Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions,
- VeriSilicon Introduces Hantro G2 Video Decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 Support
World’s first semiconductor IP to support both HEVC and VP9 video formats VeriSilicon Holdings Co., Ltd. (VeriSilicon), a leading custom silicon solutions and semiconductor
- Linux Foundation's Linux Training Scholarship Program Opens for Applications
Scholarships to Be Awarded in Five New Categories and to Include One-on-One Mentoring Sessions With Linux Foundation Instructors The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization
- Microsemi Broadens FPGA Product Portfolio with Highly-integrated IGLOO2
IGLOO2 FPGAs Offer Lowest System Cost, Best-in-class Integration, Low Power, Reliability and Security Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions
- RFaxis Expands CMOS RF Front-End Portfolio with the Introduction of World's First Pure CMOS High-Power 2.4GHz WLAN Power Amplifier
RFX240 CMOS PA Delivers 26dBm Linear Power with Best-in-Class Efficiency RFaxis, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company focused on innovative, next-generation
- Micrium Announces Support of Microsemi's New SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs
Micrium, the premier supplier of high-quality software components for embedded systems, is pleased to announce support of Microsemi Corporation's ARM® Cortex™-M3 based SmartFusion2®
- Peratech’s new QTC Ultra Touch Screen technology goes behind the display so there is no light loss and longer battery life
Peratech, the innovators in touch technology, has used its recently launched QTC™ Ultra Sensor to create a touch screen solution for OLED displays for phones, monitors and large
- eMemory Technology Selects Berkeley Design Automation Analog FastSPICE™ Platform for Embedded Non-Volatile Memory
Delivers Nanometer SPICE Accuracy for 28nm EEPROM and Flash IP for SoC Applications Berkeley Design Automation, Inc., provider of the world’s fastest nanometer circuit
- Imec presents 4K2K CMOS image sensor together with Panasonic
The co-developed imager sensor chip targets high speed, high resolution imaging applications such as next generation HDTV Imec presents a CMOS image sensor capable of capturing
- Real Intent Delivers Next Release of Meridian CDC for Clock Domain Crossing Sign-off of SOC Designs
Offers Giga-scale Capacity, Enhanced Speed, Analysis, and Language Support Real Intent, Inc., a leading provider of EDA advanced sign-off verification solutions, today announced
- AMD Unveils Server Strategy and Roadmap
Best-in-class ARM CPUs, and leading x86 CPUs and APUs for enterprise and data center servers AMD (NYSE: AMD) today publicly disclosed its strategy and roadmap to recapture market
- Handheld USB-Powered Universal Chip Programmer
Fairport, NY, USA: Saelig Company, Inc. (www.saelig.com) has introduced the Dataman S6 Programmer which is the successor to the world's best-selling handheld device programmer,
- Encore Info Research Report says Semiconductor Market for Smart TV and Connected Devices expected to reach $US 10.8 Billion by 2017
Encore Info has announced the publication of its new worldwide market research report for the semiconductor components that provide the connectivity and processing performance for
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ and Xeon Technology Advance Intelligent System Solution
Embedded Products with Boosted Graphic Performance Advantech has developed a series of industrial-grade embedded boards in a range of form factors based on 4th generation Intel®
- Microchip’s New Op Amps Extend Battery Life With Exceptionally Low Power Consumption
Family of Nine General-Purpose Op Amps Provide Low Leakage Current Over Temperature and Low Input Offset Voltage in Space-Saving SC70 and SOT-23 Packages Microchip Technology
- Eliminate complicated wireless set up with TI’s new low-cost, easy-to-use NFC solutions in the Internet of Things
New Dynamic NFC Transponder hardware simplifies Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi pairing and NFCLink software streamlines wireless development across TI's embedded processing portfolio Texas
- Cavium’s New OCTEON III family of processors feature latest Imagination Technologies MIPSr5 architecture
Imagination Technologies (IMG.L), a leading multimedia, processor, communications and cloud technologies company, today announced that long-time MIPS licensee Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ:
- Kontron StarVX HPEC system brings supercomputing datacenter bandwidth and performance directly to the batt
Offering 10x the bandwidth, the application-ready Kontron StarVX ruggedizes mainstream technology to speed deployment of 3D reconstruction-based applications Kontron’s StarVX
EECatalog Tech Videos
CriticalBlue raises the core performance, capacity, and responsiveness of many Android and Linux products running on ARM, x86, and Power platforms. We bring deep knowledge of how to optimize Android and Linux software stacks for best performance on your mobile and embedded platforms. CriticalBlue's internally developed tool suite, Prism, gives developers unique insight into multicore hw/sw performance issues, their root causes, and their most effective solutions, as we demonstrate in several case studies. To solve mobile Android and Embedded Linux product performance challenges, contact CriticalBlue to truly launch fast and stay ahead.
In our fourth interview this week at the Design Automation Conference in Austin, Texas, EiC John Blyler of Chip Design talks with Mike Gianfagna, Vice President of Corporate Marketing at Atrenta, about the growing competition and advances in RTL Signoff.
At the recent DESIGN West 2013 conference in San Jose, Microchip unleashed a "broad expansion" of new wireless products targeting the M2M, connected cloud, and intelligent devices spaces. There's also a new PIC32 digital audio development kit for Bluetooth audio streaming, plus 802.15.4 modules for ZigBee.
Editor Chris A. Ciufo got a chance to chat briefly with Tyler Smith, Product Marketing Manager, Wireless Products Division of Microchip. Click on the video to hear this on-target 3-minute interview.
Microchip's Motion Sensor Demo Board (Part # DM240316) is powered by a PIC24F microcontroller with on-board USB functionality and comes with MRF24J40MA 2.4GHz wireless transceiver that sends data wirelessly to ZENATM wireless adapter. The board integrates MPU-6050 that has a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer and uses sensor fusion technology to sense the motion and create a 3-D reference frame.
The Board allows you to easily add this breakthrough technology to your next gaming accessory, tablet PC, digital camera, or other consumer application.
Chip Design's John Blyler interviews Cristian Amitroaie, CEO of AMIQ (http://www.amiq.ro) on the importance of code integration and the Eclipse platform At the Design Automation Conference in Austin, Texas.
In our third interview at the Design Automation Conference in Austin, Texas, John Blyler of Chip Design Magazine talks with Dennis Bibeau of Infotech about the importance of collaboration across all disciplines in achieving innovative chip design.
In our first interview at the Design Automation Conference in Austin, Texas, John Blyler talks with Zhihong Lu of Proplus (http://www.proplussolutions.com/en/contact/) about the problems and potential of innovation in chip design through statistical analysis.
Featured White Papers
Xilinx Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoCs enable extensive system level differentiation, integration, and flexibility through hardware, software, and I/O programmability. Design smarter systems with tightly coupled software based control and analytics with real time hardware based processing and optimized system interfaces — with vastly lower BOM costs, lower NRE costs, lower design risk, and much faster time to market. Learn the nine reasons why Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoCs are a generation ahead of alternatives and the smartest solution.
DO-178C is the how-to manual for complying with Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR), which outlines the software development requirements for FAA approval. This paper focuses on specific processes, such as verification and validation activities, traceability, testing methods, and test environments described in DO-178C.
As tablets and smart phones become more ubiquitous in the corporate and M2M business world, connecting to older technologies – especially serial ports -- has become a bit more complicated. This article will describe the ways in which embedded AP modules can solve the problem by creating small, self-sustaining Wi-Fi network around your equipment. This doesn’t change the way the your existing devices are used, it just makes them easily accessible to tablets and phones.
Steady improvements in wireless technology are allowing more and more devices to establish wireless connectivity with the same reliability that has already been achieved with cable communications. Better still, it is becoming possible to make these kinds of connections in increasingly difficult environments and with legacy equipment. This article will describe some of the techniques you can use to make those connections seamless.
If you’re not designing Wi-Fi (802.11) into your systems already, you’ll be doing so very soon. Wi-Fi is rapidly establishing itself as the standard wireless connection for industrial devices. But there no need to start from scratch. This article will describe some of the ways in which vendors can serve as your 802.11 firmware and hardware development partners, and how they can save you time, money and trouble while doing so.
Unique Solid State Rechargeable Batteries are being used by Medical, Industrial Control, Consumer Electronics, Appliance and Smart Energy companies to power their new innovative electronic product designs. These batteries have capabilities that are superior to legacy energy storage devices such as coin cell batteries and supercapacitors. This white paper identifies the product requirements and technical specifications that are addressed by Cymbet EnerChip smart rechargeable solid state batteries.
New Threats Demand New Strategies
The network is the door to your organization for both legitimate users and and would-be attackers. For years, IT professionals have built barriers to prevent any unauthorized entry that could compromise the organization's netw