Littelfuse Adds Fuse Holder, Block, and Clip Selection Tool to its Web-Based iDesign™ Circuit Protection Selection Platform
Helps find the right fuse holder, block or clip based on the selected cartridge fuse or circuit parameters
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, has added a Fuse Holder, Block, and Clip Selection Tool to its popular iDesign™ online simulation and product selection platform.
With the addition of this new tool, Littelfuse iDesign now offers circuit designers the opportunity to select the cartridge fuse and mounting hardware their applications require in one fast, easy process.
Here’s how it works:
- Users of the Fuse Holder, Block, and Clip Selection Tool who have already decided on a fuse can quickly specify the series, part number and type from dropdown menus on the Application page, as well as specify their application’s maximum operating temperature and required agency approvals.
- Those who haven’t yet chosen a fuse are seamlessly prompted through the selection process via the Fuse Selection Tool.
- Next, on the Holder Settings page, users can select from the various holder types compatible with their chosen fuse, and specify their required features, which include waterproof, shock safe, RF shield, military, medical and indication light options, as well as options for knob style, terminal style, poles, and holder color.
- Available accessories include lock washers, neoprene washers, O-rings, and adapters/caps/covers.
- The Holder Selection page lists all the holders compatible with the fuse and all the other requirements.
- Once a holder is specified, the Summary page provides access to pricing and availability information, a link to the part’s datasheet and an “Order Sample” button.
Todd Phillips, the global marketing manager, electronics division at Littelfuse, notes, “Now, circuit designers have the convenience of selecting both the fuse and the holder, block, or clip they need to go with it in the same quick, convenient process, with no need to search through dozens of datasheets for the information they need. What’s more, they can save their selections to their online account for later reference and share them with colleagues working on the same project.” An informative tutorial video on this new tool is available at https://vimeo.com/149187100. To register for an iDesign account and launch any of these circuit protection selection tools, visit: www.littelfuse.com/idesign.
About Littelfuse iDesign
The Littelfuse iDesign platform, the first of its kind for circuit protection devices, was developed in response to requests from Littelfuse customers. It offers a fast, intuitive way to identify the best component for an application, find parts documentation, and order part samples for prototyping, all in one convenient package. The tools it provides walk users through the selection process, quickly narrowing down the available components based on the application parameters input. The iDesign platform’s flexibility enables Littelfuse to incorporate additional circuit protection devices in the future, so users will always be designing with the latest technologies. Introduced to the circuit designer market in April 2014, iDesign originally offered a tool for selecting from the company’s line of electronic board-mounted fuses. In March 2015, an ESD Selection Tool was added to help circuit designers choose from the company’s growing line of TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® silicon protection arrays), which protect electronics from very fast and often damaging voltage transients, such as electrostatic discharge (ESD) and lightning-induced surges.
Founded in 1927, Littelfuse is the world leader in circuit protection with growing global platforms in power control and sensing. The company serves customers in the electronics, automotive and industrial markets with technologies including fuses, semiconductors, polymers, ceramics, relays and sensors. Littelfuse has over 10,000 employees in more than 40 locations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit Littelfuse.com.
Littelfuse, Inc.8755 West Higgins Road
Chicago, IL, 60631