Mixel’s MIPI C-PHY/D-PHY Combo
Organizations: GSA, MIPI Alliance
Mixel’s MIPI C-PHY/D-PHY Combo is a high-frequency low-power, low-cost, source-synchronous, physical layer. The PHY can be configured as a MIPI Master or MIPI Slave supporting camera interface CSI-2 v1.2 and display interface DSI v1.3 applications in the D-PHY mode. It also supports camera interface CSI-2 v1.3 and display interface DSI-C v1.0 applications in the C-PHY mode. The high-speed signals have a low voltage swing, while low-power signals have large swing. High-Speed functions are used for high-speed data traffic while low power functions are mostly used for control.
The C-PHY is based on 3-phase symbol encoding technology delivering 2.28 bits per symbol over three-wire trios, operating with a symbol rate range of 80 to 2500 Msps per lane, which is the equivalent of about 182.8 to 5714 Mbps per lane.
The D-PHY supports a bit rate range of 80 to 1500 Mbps per Lane without deskew calibration and up to 2500 Mbps with deskew calibration.
Features & Benefits
- 80 Mbps to 1.5 Gbps data rate per lane in D-PHY mode without DeSkew calibration.
- Up to 2.5 Gbps data rate per lane in D-PHY mode with DeSkew calibration.
- 80 Msps to 2.5 Gsps symbol rate per lane in C-PHY high-speed mode.
- Equivalent to 182.8 Mbps to 5.714 Gbps per lane in C-PHY high-speed mode.
- 10 Mbps data rate in low-power mode.