Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000 SP4+, Windows XP SP2+, Linux (kernel 2.6+)
The Cheetah™ SPI Host Adapter is a high-speed SPI adapter that is capable of communicating over SPI at up to 40+ MHz. The Flash Center software is a free software tool that allows engineers to quickly erase, program, and verify SPI-based EEPROMs and Flash memory chips that are interfaced through a Cheetah adapter.
The Flash Center software takes advantage of the Cheetah adapter’s features to maximize programming speed. At over 40 MHz, the Cheetah adapter is able to read a typical 4 Megabyte
flash memory in 0.7 seconds. It can completely erase, program, and verify the memory in only 23 seconds.
The Flash Center software was designed with an extensible
memory device library. Developers can instantly support almost any I2C- or SPI-based EEPROM or Flash memory. The Flash Center software also has built-in support
for programming multiple devices simultaneously through separate host adapters on a single PC.
Developers can also harness the power of the Cheetah SPI adapter in their own custom SPI application thanks to the free and royalty-free Cheetah API. All of the functionality
of the Cheetah adapter is easily accessible for use in custom software for automated testing, production line test fixtures, and much more.
The Cheetah adapter is a multi-functional and affordable tool that is an asset to any embedded systems engineer. At only $350 (in single unit quantities) it is an indispensable
tool in the lab and on the assembly line.
- Intel or AMD processor operating at 2 GHz or higher
- At least 512 MB physical RAM and 128 MB hard drive space
- High-speed USB 2.0 port
- Windows 2000 (SP4 or later), Windows XP (SP2 or later), Linux (kernel 2.6 and above)
- A Cheetah SPI Host Adapter or an Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter to interface with the memory device via Flash Center software
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The Cheetah SPI Host Adapter is a bus-powered, high-speed USB 2.0 device. Being small, lightweight, and portable in size (89 x 41 x 25 mm), it is the ideal tool for engineers in the field.
- The Flash Center software is a free software package that allows engineers to quickly erase, program, and verify I2C- and SPI-based EEPROM and Flash memory chips.
- The Flash Center software supports gang-programming
multiple devices and has an extensible I2C and SPI memory device library.
- Develop custom software solutions by using the free and royalty-free Cheetah API. This is an ideal solution for custom test fixtures and automated test utilities.
- The Cheetah SPI Host Adapter is only $350 in single unit quantities. Additional volume discounts are available. At this price, every engineer can have their own adapter
The Cheetah SPI Host Adapter is available for purchase through the Total Phase website. The Flash Center software is freely downloadable from the Total Phase website. If you are located outside the United States, please consult the list of international distributors on the website.
The Cheetah SPI Host Adapter is a great tool for hardware, firmware, and BIOS engineers. The Cheetah adapter is well-suited for development as well as automated test, assembly line, and test fixtures.