Compatible Operating Systems: Linux, Windows family including CE, XP, XPe, Vista, and other Real Time Operating Systems
Supported Processors: All x86 processors and chipsets for embedded applications from AMD, Intel, ST and VIA.
General Software provides highly configurable firmware solutions, software tools, engineering services, and technical
support to designers of embedded x86 devices.
Embedded BIOS® 2000 offers maximum configurability at the source code level and a comprehensive set of embedded features. Using a modular architecture, design teams easily handle multiple projects and migration
across chip sets and processors, reducing risk and project costs. Embedded BIOS® 2000 is the BIOS toolkit of choice for manufacturers of embedded devices.
General Software supports all of the major chipsets and embedded roadmaps of the leading semiconductor manufacturers.
Lowest total cost of ownership
- Re-use of modular components reduces new project cost
- Flexible licensing model
Fastest time to market, highest productivity
- 1000+ selectable configurations reduce image size and complexity to perfect fit
- High standards of code documentation, and simple incremental development strategy for fast adaptations
Powerful firmware applications complement Embedded BIOS 2000
- Detect H/W and S/W failures and respond automatically
(High Availability Monitor)
- Ensure system integrity at boot time, and during execution (Boot Security)
- Manage updates remotely and securely (Platform Update Facility)
Unique SDK for building custom firmware applications
- Patented 32-bit environment for SMM applications using Firmbase® Technology
- Separate networking components for device management
- Support for SNMP, SMTP and more
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Modular architecture and full source code model allow easy adaptation to precise requirements
- Embedded-specific feature sets provide flexibility to tune behavior from typical desktop to fully custom embedded implementation
- Support for standard industry initiatives including power management and EFI compliance
- Prewritten device management applications are available that operate independently of OS for enhanced reliability
- Backed by world class support and engineering services
Automotive; Communications; Consumer Electronics; Digital Security; Surveillance; Enterprise Infrastucture Security; In-vehicle Infotainment; Industrial; Interactive
Client; Military, Aerospace, and Government; Print Imaging; Storage; Wireless Telecommunications Infrastructure