BeagleBoard.org® Open Hardware Computers
DaVinci™ Video Processors: DaVinci DM37x SoC, OMAP35x
Wireless MCUs: SimpleLink™ CC3x
Sitara™ Processors: AM335x ARM® Cortex®- A8, AM37x ARM® Cortex®-A8, AM437x ARM® Cortex®-A9
The BeagleBoard.org® Foundation is a US-based non-profit corporation existing to provide education in and promotion of the design and use of open-source software and hardware in embedded computing. BeagleBoard.org® provides a forum for the owners and developers of open-source software and hardware to exchange ideas, knowledge and experience. BeagleBoard.org® released the first BeagleBoard®, an affordable, open hardware computer in 2008 and updated with the extra performance BeagleBoard-xM in 2010. The more maker focused, bare-bones credit card sized BeagleBone™ introduced in 2011 was updated in 2013 to create the most affordable BeagleBone™ Black. In 2015, the BeagleBoard® line is again refreshed with the high-performance multicore and high-speed connectivity enabled BeagleBoard-X15. The BeagleBoard.org® Foundation is supported primarily through logo licensing to manufacturers of official BeagleBoard.org® products, designs compliant with the BeagleBoard.org® design materials or verified compatible variations of these designs to satisfy additional community and market needs. Our current manufacturing logo licensees are Element14, GHI Electronics, Precision Technology, Inc. and EmProDesign. Please contact us if you have interest in supporting BeagleBoard.org® through logo licensing and benefitting from this collaborative, innovative and educational community. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Well-known, high-quality open designs with hundreds of thousands of units utilized in tens of thousands of projects mean your biggest potential challenges are likely already solved.
- Large network of manufacturers, distributors, educators, and hardware plus software consultants and developers provide numerous opportunities for open innovation.
- Cape add-on ecosystem simplifies the development of many common applications, such as 3D printing, robotics, tablets, thin clients, home automation, automotive computing, gaming, signage and more.
- Over 30 available books specifically on BeagleBone™ covering getting started, textbooks for learning programming and electronics, numerous projects, various application spaces and in-depth reference.
- Support for countless software including numerous IoT frameworks. BeagleBone™ Black is also in collaboration with the Microsoft Azure Certified for IoT program.
- Credit-card-size BeagleBone™ Black is the most affordable open-source computer around with real-time capable 1GHz AM3358, onboard flash, integrated MCUs and connectivity over USB. bbb.io/black
- BeagleBoard-X15 is a power users’ dream based on AM5728 with a core tailored for every computing task and a high-speed interface for every connectivity need, including USB3 and PCIe. bbb.io/x15
- BeagleBoard® Compatible versions of BeagleBone™ Black from Arrow and element14 help ensure you have solutions in industrial environments. bbb.io/ind
- Our collaboration with Octavo Systems on the OSD3358 makes it trivial to embed BeagleBone™ functionality with over 140 components combined into a single easy-to-use package. bbb.io/sip
- BeagleBoard® Compatible solutions from SeeedStudio using their Grove sensor ecosystem make prototyping simple and affordable, starting at less than US$40. bbb.io/green
Audio, Automotive, Broadband, Communications & Telecom, Computers & Peripherals, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Medical, Military, Security, Video, Wireless