September - 2009
- High Performance, Low-cost VoIP Chips Address Critical Performance Issues such as Echo, Latency, and Packet Loss
Adaptive Digital Technologies announces the availability of its complete suite of application-specific VoIP chips for Texas Instruments TMS320C64x+™ high performance DSPs Plymouth
- DelCom Systems releases its GSM POS Femtocell Physical Layer Software Framework
September 21, 2009 - DelCom Systems, Inc., a leader in the development of high-performance wireless communication software and IP, announces the release of its LayerOnePOS GSM physical
- Spectrum Digital Annnounces Two New Development Kits For TI Floating Point Digital Signal Processors.
OMAP-L137 and eZdsp™ F28335 Development Platforms Are Now Available STAFFORD, TX. (September 21, 2009) –Spectrum Digital, Inc., the leading provider of development tools
- Lyrtech launches the Intelligent Occupancy Sensor, using innovative technologies from Texas Instruments and ObjectVideo
September 21, 2009—Quebec City Lyrtech Inc., a company specialized in digital signal processing technology, announced today the official release of its Intelligent Occupancy
- Odin TeleSystems Revolutionary Solution of 2/4 T1/E1/J1 Adapter for ExpressCard/54 Capable Laptops
Thor-4-ExpressCard offers the industry's latest PC laptop card format, ExpressCard/54. The ExpressCard Standard is promoted by the Personal Computer Memory Card International Association
- NEW galvanically isolated emulator SAU510-USB ISO PLUS from Sauris GmbH – now available!
JTAG EMULATOR SAU510-USB ISO PLUS Supports Texas Instrument’s Digital Signal Processors (C2000, C5000, C6000, DaVinci™, OMAP™), TMS470R1x 16/32-bit RISC microcontrollers
- Debugging Linux on DM365
Signum Systems' JTAGjet-DaVinci In-Circuit Debugger now supports embedded Linux debugging on the Texas Instruments TMS320DM365 digital media processor. The latest in the DaVinci
- Kane Computing Ltd sign new Distribution Agreement with Z3 Technology
1st September 2009, Cheshire, England. Kane Computing Ltd (KCL) announced the signing of a Distribution Agreement with Z3 Technology to resell their low power multimedia technology
- Celerity Embedded Design Services
As a design team with over 30 years of product development within major corporations, we understand what it takes to develop a product accurately, efficiently and cost effectively. We
- The MathWorks Announces Release 2009b of the MATLAB and Simulink Product Families
New version extends support for handling of large data sets and large-scale system models NATICK, Mass. – September 14, 2009 – The MathWorks today announced Release 2009b (R2009b)
- Ultra Mobile Devices & The Chips That Make Them Are Booming Says New Market Study
Report Provides Strategies & Insight into Netbooks, Smartbooks & Mobile Internet Devices TEMPE, Ariz. --(Business Wire)-- Sep 17, 2009 Forward Concepts has announced the publication
- Ashling - High Speed XDS-560 Class Debug Probe for TI DSP Platforms
Ashling Microsystems, a NeST Group company, has launched a new high performance JTAG Debug Probe supporting Texas Instrument (TI) DSP Platforms. Opella-XDS560 is designed to work
- Texas Instruments introduces lowest cost DSP development tool at $49 with full emulation capabilities and extensive development environment
New eZdsp USB stick eases creation of audio, voice, medical and other portable applications HOUSTON, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- For many designers, the cost and time to set up development
- IBM Announces Highest Performance Embedded Processor for System-on-Chip Designs
LSI plans to integrate PowerPC into its next-generation SoC multicore networking platform. EAST FISHKILL, N.Y., Sept. 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- IBM Corporation (NYSE:IBM) today
- ECA Order Index Takes Upturn in August
ARLINGTON, Va. --(Business Wire)-- Sep 15, 2009 Worldwide electronic component orders took a slight upturn in August, while the 12-month average remained flat, according to the monthly
August - 2009
- DSP C++ Toolkit™ Libraries
Recursion Software’s C++ Toolkits are class libraries with modules for advanced templates and collections, threading, streaming, networking, time, IO, file, pipe, network, security,
- Linux Operating Systems Market Grows in 2008
Long Term Prospects Remain Good, IDC Study Finds FRAMINGHAM, Mass. --(Business Wire)-- Aug 26, 2009 A recent IDC study reveals that worldwide revenue from Linux operating system software
- Intel Raises Third-Quarter Revenue and Gross Margin Expectations
SANTA CLARA, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Aug 28, 2009 As a result of stronger than expected demand for microprocessors and chipsets, Intel Corporation now expects revenue for the third
- IP-ESC 2009 Deadline for Papers is September 20th
IP - ESC 2009 (IP-Embedded Systems Conference) will be the 18th edition of the working conference on hot topics in the design world, focusing for the past 8 years on IP-based SoC design,
July - 2009
- eSOL integrated software platform suite supports TI OMAP35x application processors
Scalable RTOS platform for high-performance ARM® Cortex™-A8 processor Tokyo, Japan. July 15, 2009 – eSOL announced today that its flagship eCROS integrated software
- May Semiconductor Sales Increase 5.4 Percent Month on Month
SAN JOSE, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Jul 03, 2009 Worldwide sales of semiconductors rose to $16.5 billion in May, an increase of 5.4 percent from April when sales were $15.6 billion,
- Xilinx Accelerates Development of Next-Generation Systems With Industry's First Deployment of Targeted Design Platforms
FPGA leader continues to deliver on targeted design platform strategy with new Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 Evaluation Kits SAN JOSE, Calif., June 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX)
- Intel Developer Forum to Mix Business with Pleasure
Grammy Winners Maroon 5 to Perform at Major Technology Conference in San Francisco, Sept. 22-24 SAN FRANCISCO --(Business Wire)-- Jun 30, 2009 Intel Corporation's largest technical
- Market for Green PCs Will Exceed $190 Billion by 2013, According to NextGen Research
OYSTER BAY, N.Y. --(Business Wire)-- Jul 01, 2009 Personal computers and servers are power hogs that exacerbate growing electrical consumption trends, which results in increased pollution.
June - 2009
- FFT Library from OptNgn Validated for use in Mentor Graphics’ Precision FPGA Synthesis
Silicon vendor independence achieved for high throughput FFT IP OptNgn today announced that it has validated its newly released FFT WFTA Kernels Library of streaming IP cores for
- 46th DAC Announces Power-Scavenging Topic Wins First-Ever Community-Selected Panel Vote
LOUISVILLE, Colo. --(Business Wire)-- Jun 30, 2009 The 46th Design Automation Conference (DAC) today announced that the DAC community, through a month-long online vote, selected "Power
- Research and Markets: Opportunities for x86 in Embedded Processing - 2009 Edition
DUBLIN --(Business Wire)-- Jun 26, 2009 Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/90dded/opportunities_for) has announced the addition of the "Opportunities for
- MIPS32 Processor Powers Innovative DTV Platform From NXP
MIPS-Based Single-Chip Solution Extends Superior Viewing Experience SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:MIPS) , a leading provider
- Microsoft Windows Embedded and Partners Drive the Biggest Showing Ever at COMPUTEX
Taipei, May 18, 2009 -- Microsoft today announced that its showcase at 2009 COMPUTEX TAIPEI, one of the world’s largest technology industry events, will be its biggest ever
- Tensilica Announces New High-Performance ConnX Communications DSP Family for LTE and 4G SOC Designs
SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwire - June 22, 2009) - Tensilica,® Inc. today introduced a new family of high-performance communications DSP (digital signal processors) IP (intellectual property)
Featured White Papers
Xilinx has chosen 28 nm high-metal gate (HKMG) high performance, low-power process technology and combined it with a new unified ASMBL™ architecture to create a new generation of FPGAs that offer lower power and higher performance. This white paper describes the challenges the semiconductor industry faces in addressing market requirements and describes how these can be solved with the right 28 nm process technology. The breakthrough combination of a high performance, low-power process with architectural innovations makes new 28 nm FPGAs well suited for power sensitive applications, bandwidth-intensive, and ultra-high end applications.
Key strategic design decisions made early in the development cycle often have far-reaching impact on the overall results achieved with the final design. Xilinx offers many product solutions with single and multiple on-chip processing elements, such as multiple MicroBlaze™ processors or ARM® Cortex™-A9 processors, DMA engines, communications, video, and DSP IP. Evaluation Kits and Targeted Design Platforms are available to serve both as sample system designs and as advanced FPGA development platforms for the underlying FPGA selection.
EECatalog Tech Videos
At DESIGN West 2012 (aka "ESC" San Jose), Senior Editor Chris A. Ciufo sat down with TI's Matt Kurtz, Manager, Wireless Connectivity Group. Matt's group's job is to add wireless capabilities to microcontrollers with "everything from ANT to ZigBee". Consider their SimpleLink initiative, which is comprised of chipsets, protocols, APIs and drivers that make easy the task of adding wireless to a TI microcontroller product. In this short video, Matt explains that TI's focus is one-stop-shopping and simplicity. Judging from market feedback, TI has met its goals.
The TMDX5535eZdsp is a small form factor, very low cost USB-powered DSP development kit which includes all the hardware and software needed to evaluate the C553x generation, which is the industry’s lowest-cost and lowest power 16-bit DSP.
Introducing the C66x Lite Evaluation Module, the cost-efficient development tool from Texas Instruments that enables developers to quickly get started working on designs for the C6670, C6672, C6674, and C6678 multicore DSPs based on the KeyStone architecture.
Machine Vision demosttration using OpenCV on Texas Instruments' C6-Integra(TM) platform.
Software graphical development for TI's C6000(TM) Digital Signal Processors using C6EZFlo
In this video, you will gain insight into TI’s Sitara™ family of high performance, ARM-based microprocessors (MPUs). The Sitara family further shows TI’s commitment to continued investment and innovation in the ARM architecture. The Sitara family includes high-performance and highly integrated ARM9™ and Cortex™-A8 cores with speed offerings ranging from 375 MHz (ARM9) to 1.5 GHz (Cortex-A8).
Just imagine being on the international space station when it begins somersaulting through space, unable to get steady power from the solar panels and unable to communicate with Earth. Retired Capt. Dan Bursch talks about one of the harrowing tales from science non-fiction. Check out the video at www.sldcommunity.com.