Trend Micro 1st Global Summit to focus on latest trends in cyber security for business leaders
What’s next to make the world safer for the exchange of digital information
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a leader in security software with operations in 37 countries, will hold its first Global Customer Summit in Vancouver from June 21-23rd. During the Summit, Trend Micro leaders and data security technology veterans, strategic partners, and industry analysts will be available to offer valuable insights into “what’s next” in security trends and direction more than 200 global blue chip customers against the backdrop of the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
Topics of interest include:
- The Anatomy of a Breach
- Cyber security Survival Guide
- Dos and Don’ts Following a Targeted Attack
- Cloud Security What’s Next for Global Businesses
On Monday June 22, Trend will release a research paper based on comprehensive two-year investigation of sites within the Deep Web (the massive part of the on line world not indexed by traditional search engines). The paper details the anatomy of the Deep Web and explains the various degrees of everyday and criminal activity that take place, complete with case studies breaking down both typical cybercrime and more unusual services, including:
- Malware in the Deep Web
- Criminals for hire, such as assassins, etc.
- Bitcoin and money laundering
- Leaked government, law enforcement and celebrity details (aka Doxing)
Experts available for interviews and comment on the Report and other topics during the Summit, being held in downtown Vancouver include:
- Rik Ferguson, Vice President Security Research, Trend Micro, Special Advisor to Europol (UK)
- Raimund Genes, CTO Trend Micro (Germany)
- Tom Kellermann, Chief Cyber security Officer, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (ICSPA), USA
- Jon Clay, Sr. Mgr: Global Threat Communications, Trend Micro USA
- Charlie McMurdie, Former Detective Superintend London (UK) Metropolitan Police, (UK),
- David Shipley, Director of Strategic Initiatives Information Technology Services, University of New Brunswick (Canada)
- Eric Skinner, VP Solutions Marketing, Trend Micro, (Canada)
- Partha Panda, VP Global Channel and Strategic Alliance, Trend Micro (USA, Canada)
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in security software, strives to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Built on 26 years of experience, our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered data security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative security technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and fits an evolving ecosystem. All of our solutions are powered by cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ infrastructure, and are supported by more than 1,200 threat experts around the globe. For more information, visit TrendMicro.com.
Trend Micro™10101 N. DeAnza Blvd.
Cupertino, CA, 95014