RTX64 turns Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS). RTX64 provides hard real-time and control capabilities to a general purpose operating system that is familiar to both developers and end users. RTX64 consists of a separate real-time subsystem (RTSS) that schedules and controls all Real-time applications independently of Windows. RTX64 is a key component of the IntervalZero RTOS Platform that comprises x86 and x64 multicore multiprocessors, Windows, and real-time Ethernet (e.g. EtherCAT or PROFINET). RTX64 transforms Windows to outperform real-time hardware such as DSPs, allowing you to reduce the development costs for systems that require determinism or hard real-time.
- Reduce BOM costs by 25-50%
- Boost quality and performance
- Scale quickly and shorten product cycle times
- Significantly reduce reliance on proprietary hardware such as DSP
- Flexibility to configure how much or little processing capability is used for real-time processes (1 to 63 processors).
- Use Microsoft’s Visual Studio IDE and leverage managed code in (C/C++) for Windows, to develop real-time applications.
- SMP aware scheduler uses priority-driven and pre-emptive algorithms to ensure critical thread context switches, and yields to high priority threads occur in the sub-microsecond range.
- Full SDK and runtime with supported headers, libraries and real-time APIs for application development.
- Deterministic memory. Access to Windows file system and registry. Ability to set search paths for process creation and loading of RTDLLs.
- Full control of real-time process threads with 128 thread priorities, and the ability to load balance as needed on dedicated real-time cores while not being impacted by Windows.
- Full integration into Visual Studio, develop build and debug real-time within Visual Studio the same as you would a user level windows application.
- Profile real-time applications, through integrated monitoring functionality, no need to instrument your code.
- Use shared memory to pass data between Windows user level processes and real-time processes.
- Real-time stack and network drivers that provides TCP/UDP/IP networking support for IPv4 and IPv6 (separate purchasable feature in RTX64).