Wind River Unveils Latest Version of IoT Device Management Platform
We are very pleased to introduce the latest version of Wind River® Helix™ Device Cloud, which further solidifies Wind River and Intel® leadership in the Internet of Things (IoT).
The latest release of Device Cloud is a result dedication, collaboration and innovation across multiple organizations within the Intel family, including Wind River, Intel Security Group, and Intel Services Division. This multi-disciplinary team brought together a unique set of skills necessary to solve the tough challenges associated with IoT device management. The result is a differentiated product that is uniquely positioned in the increasingly competitive IoT market.
Device Cloud solves the problem of connecting and managing devices remotely. It collects data from hundreds or thousands of disparate devices, machines, and systems, enabling your operators to track device status and content, share data among engineers, and proactively determine when updates are needed.
This update includes significant changes from edge-to-cloud. A new user interface helps operators monitor and interact with remote devices. Improved agent functionality increases security and offers portability to multiple operating systems. The cloud platform provides elastic scalability to grow along with device deployments and fault tolerance to provide maximum availability. Event forwarding and a comprehensive set of REST APIs expose device management data and commands for integration with other business systems and cloud applications.
With the proliferation of connected devices in the IoT, the ability to deploy, monitor, manage, service, update, and decommission those devices becomes vital. The technology capabilities in Device Cloud can be applied to a wide range of use cases, such as the following:
- Gateway management by providing the tools to monitor, diagnose, service, and update gateways deployed in the field – significantly reducing operating costs.
- Proactive maintenance by collecting machine data so that decisions can be made based on the condition of equipment in the field and technicians alerted when a problem needs to be addressed for maintenance.
- Industrial automation by enabling companies to connect with legacy equipment and feed information and alerts to a central monitoring team.
- Transportation by allowing transportation operators to measure driving behaviors and driver performance, monitor vehicle usage and fuel efficiency, and realize new efficiencies in routing, maintenance, and staffing.
- Medical equipment by enabling medical equipment to be monitored, diagnosed, and updated remotely, while also providing real-time feedback on usage and consumables metering.
The IoT vision is quickly becoming reality, as more and more enterprises seek to unlock the value of the data generated by their everyday operations. Utilizing Device Cloud, device manufacturers and IoT solution providers can accelerate device deployment and close a critical gap in IoT operations: ensuring that the devices enterprises depend on are performing as expected.
To learn more about Device Cloud, visit: http://www.windriver.com/announces/helix-cloud/device-cloud/
Wind River is showcasing Device Cloud this week at Intel Developer Forum.