Model 71791 L-Band RF Tuner, 2-Channel 500 MHz A/D, Virtex-7 FPGA- XMC Module
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
RF Tuner Stage
A front panel SSMC connector accepts L-Band signals between 925 MHz and 2175 MHz, typically from an L-Band antenna or an LNB (low noise block). With its programmable LNA, the Maxim MAX2121 tuner directly converts these L-Band signals to IF or baseband using a broadband I/Q analog downconverter followed by 123 MHz low pass anti-aliasing filters.
The two analog tuner outputs are digitized by two Texas Instruments ADS5463 500 MHz 12-bit A/D converters to capture the full 123 MHz bandwidth, three times that of Pentek’s previous L-band tuners.
The analog outputs of the MAX2121 can be used in the IF mode instead of the analog baseband I+Q mode. In this case, each A/D converter digitizes an IF signal and then delivers it to a DDC to produce perfectly balanced complex I+Q digital baseband samples.
Performance Acquisition and DDC IP
The Model 71791 features two Acquisition IP modules to easily capture and move data. Each module can receive data from either of the two A/Ds or a test signal generator. Each Acquisition IP module contains a powerful DDC IP core with decimation values from 2 to 64k, covering a with range of signal bandwidths. Because of flexible input routing within the Acquisition IP modules, many different configurations can be achieved.
An additional benefit of using the IF analog output mode is that two independent A/D and DDC channels are now available for digitizing and downconverting two signals with different center frequencies and bandwidths.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maxim MAX2121 L-Band RF tuner boosts output bandwidth to 123 MHz
- Faster 500 MHz 12-bit A/Ds capture full signal bandwidth
- Improved signal quality with digital down converter (DDC) IP modules
- Custom Virtex-7 IP development with GateFlow Design Kit and Vivado Tools
- Advanced GateXpress technology for FPGA reconfiguration across PCIe
- Accepts RF signals from 925 MHz to 2175 MHz
- Programmable LNA handles L-Band input signal levels from -50 dBm to +10 dBm
- Programmable analog downconverter provides IF or I+Q baseband signals at frequencies up to 123 MHz
- Xilinx Virtex-7 VX330T or VX690T FPGAs
- PCI Express (Gen. 1, 2, & 3)
SATCOM and Communications Applications
Contact Pentek for Availability & Pricing