December - 2016
- Materion Precision Optics Acquires Gettering Capabilities for Wafer Level Processing
Addition of Technology, Patents and Trademarked NanoGetters Completes Process Offering and Provides Competitive Differentiation
November - 2016
- Ethernet Alliance SC16 Panel Shows Ethernet Is In The Driver’s Seat
The Ethernet Alliance, a global consortium dedicated to the continued success and advancement of Ethernet technologies, today announced it is hosting a "Birds of a Feather" panel on
- Synopsys Advances Test and Yield Analysis Solution for 7-nm Process Node
Increases Test Quality by Targeting Subtle Defects in FinFETs and Emerging Processes
- Qualcomm/NXP deal underscores semiconductor merger trend
Qualcommâs proposed acquisition of NXP Semiconductors marks the latest deal in a wave of industry consolidation that includes increasingly expensive transactions with greater focus on expanding scope rather than economies of scale, according to Fitch Ratings.
July - 2016
- Internet of Things: A Semiconductor Dilemma
For semiconductor companies, curating a developer community is not a choice but an imperative as community members move on to create 50% of the future IoT market.
June - 2016
- Ausdia Introduces Timevision ModeMerge
Ausdia introduced Timevision ModeMerge, which takes multiple functional and test timing modes, represented as SDC files, and merges them into a single SDC timing mode.
- Multi-Die IC Design Guide Available from ESDA
The Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance, an international association of companies providing goods and services throughout the semiconductor design ecosystem, today announced availability of the latest version of the Multi-Die integrated circuit (IC) Design Guide.
- Avery Design Systems Announces SimXACT 3.0 for Improved X-Verification
Avery Design Systems Inc. announced availability of release 3.0 of its patented SimXACT analysis solutions including major new features for analyzing and automatically eliminating X bugs in gate-level design simulation.
- UltraMemory Turns to NanoSpice, NanoSpice Giga from ProPlus Design
UltraMemory Inc. has selected NanoSpiceâ¢ and NanoSpice Gigaâ¢ from ProPlus Design Solutions, Inc. to simulate its super-broadband, super large-scale memory design.
- Soha Hassoun Receives Women in Engineering Award
Soha Hassoun, Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science at Tufts University and a past general chair of the Design Automation Conference (DAC), has been selected as the recipient of the Marie R. Pistilli Women in Engineering Achievement Award for 2016.
- Methodics and Magillem Team Up on IP Assembly Platform
Methodics Inc. announced a partnership with Magillem to deliver a new design environment linking best in class solutions.
- ARM Extends Solutions for Custom SoCs in Embedded and IoT Markets
ARM has expanded its ARMÂ® DesignStartâ¢ initiative to offer simplified and expedited access to EDA tooling and design environments from Cadence and Mentor Graphics.
Concept Engineering introduced the newest addition to the Nlviewâ¢ automatic schematic generation family of products at DAC 2016.
- Runtime Unveils New Flexible Hierarchical Scheduler
Runtime introduced a new flexible hierarchical scheduler, WorkloadXelerator.
- Si2 Launches Project to Develop IC Power Modeling Tech
Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2), an Austin-based integrated circuit research and development joint venture, has launched a project to help designers reduce power consumption, a growing challenge for most system-Âon-Âchip designs.
- Dolphin Integration Selects Silvaco Variation Manager For SRAM Design at Advanced Nodes
Silvaco announced that Dolphin Integration, a leading provider of power- and density-optimized memory silicon IP, has selected Silvaco Variation Manager to perform critical variability analysis and reliability qualification on SRAM memories designed using advanced process technologies.
- ANSYS Introduces First Big Data and Machine Learning System for Engineering Simulation
ANSYS has married the advanced computer science of elastic computing, big data and machine learning to the physics-based world of engineering simulation
October - 2015
- Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178 tuMP Multicore Operating System Selected by Georgia Tech Research Institute and Air National Guard for C-130 Software Modernization Program
Proven Leader in DO-178B Level A and EAL 6+ Operating Systems Selected for Intel Core i7 RTOS Requirement on Critical Airborne Computer Requiring Windows and Linux Virtualization Green
May - 2015
- Imagination reports MIPS Warrior P-class CPU at the heart of new communications processor from Baikal Electronics
Baikal-T1 processor targets telecommunications, industrial automation and embedded systems with high-performance, efficient MIPS CPU Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) reports that
- Imagination’s OmniShield enables next-generation SoC security
Changing use models in connected devices necessitate a new approach to ensure security for OEM products and operator services Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) introduces OmniShieldâ¢
March - 2015
- Freescale and NXP agree to $40 Billion merger
Chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV announced Sunday night that it has agreed to buy Freescale Semiconductor Ltd for $11.8 billion and merge business operations. The combined enterprise values at just over $40 billion and will create a new leader in the auto and industrial semiconductor markets.
October - 2014
- ARM Expands into Enterprise Servers and IoT
At the ARM TechCon, Pete Hutton, president of ARMâs products group touched on many new developments and announcements, including HPâs 64-bit ARM-based server, big.LITTLE MP, OpenCL, JUNO, DuoLog/Socrates, Artisan/PowerGrid Architect, and Cortex M7.
April - 2014
- The Embedded Software Store Expands Its Site in Support of CPU Architectures Beyond the ARM Architecture
Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced the Embedded Software Store, an online information and e-Commerce-based website dedicated
February - 2014
- Microchip Technology Announces Acquisition of Supertex, Inc.
Expands Microchip’s solutions for Medical, Lighting and Industrial Markets Microchip Technology Incorporated (NASDAQ:MCHP), a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal,
- The Embedded Computing and Power Business of Emerson Network Power is Now Artesyn Embedded Technologies
Rebrand launched following transition to new ownership A new name with a long heritage in power conversion and network computing solutions The former Emerson Embedded Computing
September - 2013
- Cavium’s New OCTEON III family of processors feature latest Imagination Technologies MIPSr5 architecture
Imagination Technologies (IMG.L), a leading multimedia, processor, communications and cloud technologies company, today announced that long-time MIPS licensee Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ:
June - 2013
- Imagination reveals key elements of its new MIPS CPU roadmap
MIPS Aptiv generation updated; new 32/64-bit MIPS ‘Warrior’ generation added to roadmap Imagination Technologies (IMG.L), a leading multimedia, processor, communications
- Mentor Graphics Accelerates Verification with Emulation-Ready Verification IP for MIPI Products
Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced MIPI-protocol verification IP (VIP) for use with their latest-generation VeloceÂ® hardware emulation platform. This allows engineers
- Extension Media Creates Content Marketing Services Group Headed by Technology Media Veteran Chris A. Ciufo
New service will create strategically customized print and digital information marketing for embedded technology companies with Client-Customized ContentSM products and servicesâallowing technical marketers to maximize engagement with target customers and generate new leads.
May - 2013
- Microchip Technology Announces Record Net Sales and Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Results
FOR FISCAL YEAR 2013: RECORD NON-GAAP NET SALES OF $1.606 BILLION RECORD GAAP NET SALES OF $1.582 BILLION ON A NON-GAAP BASIS: GROSS