May - 2013
- The NEW N.A.T. AC-Power Module
The market’s most efficient single-width, full-size MicroTCA™ power module for MicroTCA™ applications – NAT-PM-AC600 Overview: The NAT-PM-AC600 is a high-density and
- Docea Power to present unique solutions for modelling and simulation of dynamic thermal management strategies at DAC
Docea Power, the design for low power company that delivers software solutions for power and thermal analysis at the architectural level , will exhibit at the 50 th Design Automation
- Axiomtek 18.5-inch PCAP Panel Computer Modulized Design Delivers Hassle-free Deployment -- GOT3187W-832-PCT
Axiomtek presents a new 18.5” WXGA TFT widescreen fanless multi-touch panel computer, the GOT3187W-832-PCT. It comes with the extraordinary easy-to-deploy modulized design
- Axiomtek’s 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ Digital Signage Player Supports Triple Displays -- DSB500-870HM
Axiomtek’s DSB500-870HM is a high-performance, compact-size digital signage player adopting the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processors with the Intel® HM76 Express
- AMD Amplifies Mobile Experience with Responsive Performance, Rich Graphics, Elite Software and Long Battery Life
AMD (NYSE: AMD) recently launched three new additions to its 2013 A-Series and E-Series Mobile Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) lineup – delivering solutions ideally positioned
- Toradex is announcing a comprehensive High Speed Hardware Design Guide for Computer Carrier Boards
Today's electronic engineers designing digital circuits have to cope with interfaces operating in the GHz range. Deploying PCI Express, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI or USB 2.0/3.0 requires
- ProximusDA Teams with STMicroelectronics to Develop Next-Generation Distributed SOC TLM Virtual Prototypes
Design Automation Conference 2013 ProximusDA GmbH, a company based in Munich, Germany, today announced its joint efforts with STMicroelectronics, a global semiconductor leader
- Avery Design Systems Enhances RTL and Gate-Level X-Verification with SimXACT 2.0 and XOPT 2.0
Avery Design Systems Inc., an innovator in functional verification productivity solutions, today announced availability of release 2.0 of its patented SimXACT and XOPT
- Si2 Announces DAC Booth Presentations
The Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2) will be highlighting its many standards activities through presentations at Booth #1427 at the Design Automation Conference
- Microchip’s New 36V Digital Potentiometers Support Wide Signal Swings and High Power-Supply Voltages
DigiPots Also Feature High Terminal/Wiper Current Support and An Extended Temperature Range; Ideal for Industrial, Automotive and Audio Applications Microchip Technology Inc.,
- Silicon Labs Introduces Industry’s Smallest, Most Power-Efficient PCI Express Clocks
New PCIe Clock Generators Ease Power Consumption and Design Complexity for Consumer, Embedded, Storage, Server and Communications Applications Silicon Labs
- GainSpan's Application Development Kit Jump-Starts Innovation for Wireless Video Applications
Complete video streaming reference design ideal for security/surveillance cameras and baby monitors GainSpan® Corporation, a leader in ultra-low power Wi-Fi connectivity for the
- Soitec announces industry's first four-junction solar cell for concentrator photovoltaic systems, entering industry's roadmap at world-class level with 43.6 % efficiency
Technology innovation opens the path to competitiveness breakthrough in PV industry Soitec (Euronext), a world leader in generating and manufacturing revolutionary semiconductor
- Jedat Releases Innovative OA-based Circuit and Layout Tools for Analog Mixed-Signal Designs at DAC 2013
Jedat Inc. (JASDAQ:3841), a leading developer of high-performance analog and mixed-signal design automation software for integrated circuit (IC) manufacturers, announced
- Pentair Introduces Schroff® 450/40 ATCA Chassis to Support Next Generation ATCA Board Requirements
Pentair Equipment Protection announces the Schroff® 450/40 family of ATCA chassis' with the introduction of 14U, 14-slot models. Designed to accommodate the requirements of next
- TSMC Certifies Cadence Tempus Timing Signoff Solution for 20nm Designs
Key Technologies Required for Fast, Efficient Signoff of Advanced Node Designs Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS), a leader in global electronic design innovation, announced
- Mentor Graphics Teams with OpSIS Foundries and Lumerical Solutions on PDK Development for IME Silicon Photonics Process
Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT), a leader in electronic design automation, today announced it has teamed with OpSIS and Lumerical Solutions to develop a complete EDA-style,
- Kontron announces next-generation digital signage kit to help streamline development and deployment of intelligent signage systems
Co-developed with Intel and with technology from Microsoft, the pre-validated, pre-loaded kit eases both evaluation and design implementation to reduce costs Kontron has announced
- Axiomtek tBOX321-870-FL – 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ Fanless Embedded System with EN45545 Fire Protection Compliance Ideal for Railway Application
Axiomtek announces the debut of the new high-performance fanless embedded computing box suited for railway-centric PC, the tBOX321-870-FL. Built-in 3rd Generation Intel® Core™
- Atrenta Presents RTL Signoff at 50th DAC
Customers and partners to discuss their experiences Atrenta Inc., a leading provider of SoC Realization solutions for the semiconductor and electronic systems industries, announced
- Si2 Announces Board of Directors for 2013-2014
Annual Open Reception slated for Monday at DAC The Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2) announced the election of their Board of Directors for the 2013-2014 term, who will
- ON Semiconductor Awarded Title III Government Funding for Development of Advanced Next-Generation Star Tracker Image Sensor
Working in cooperation with SRI International and Ball Aerospace, the companies will develop a monolithic CMOS image sensor meeting the STELLAR specification ON Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Announces USB 2.0 Hub Controller Chip with Battery Charging Function
Supports USB BC 1.2, Allowing Data Communication and Rapid Charging Via a Single USB Connector Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a premier supplier of
- Imperas™ Delivers Next Generation Embedded Software Development Suite Based On ToolMorphing™ Technology
Model and Tool Functions Integrated in Simulation Code Stream Provides High-Performance, Extended Capability and Ease-of-Use Benefits Imperas Software Ltd (www.Imperas.com),
- STMicroelectronics Reveals Latest Power Technology for Greener Industry and Infrastructure
Advanced internal structure of new power-transistor family delivers industry’s best on-state resistance for low-energy, space-efficient designs STMicroelectronics (NYSE:
- Worldwide Semiconductor Market Contracted 2.2% in 2012 to $295 Billion – IDC Expects 3-4% Revenue Growth in 2013
Worldwide semiconductor revenues decreased by 2.2% year over year to $295 billion in 2012, according to the latest version of the International Data Corporation (IDC) Semiconductor
- Industry's First 802.11ac 4x4 Reference Design Specifies ANADIGICS' WiFi FEICs
ANADIGICS Leverages its Unique InGaP-Plus Technology in a Single-Die WiFi FEIC to Reduce Time-to-Market, Achieve Greater Throughput, and Deliver Exceptional Thermal Performance ANADIGICS,
- Wind River Extends Multicore Capabilities for Industry-Leading VxWorks
Wind River®, a world leader in embedded and mobile software, today announced extended multicore capabilities for its industry-leading VxWorks® real-time operating system (RTOS).
- VIA Announces Latest VIA Pico-ITX Board to Jump Start In-Vehicle Innovation, VIA VAB-600
Ultra low power design with optional 3G connectivity and battery power support ideal for a broad range of in-vehicle and mobile applications VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator
- L-3 Link Simulation & Training Cuts Engineering Change Orders by Ninety Percent Using Capital Software from Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT) today reported that L-3 Link Simulation & Training’s (L-3 Link) operation in the United Kingdom has cut the number of electrical engineering
EECatalog Tech Videos
Zilog’s participation in the global electronics industry’s leading gathering for the design engineering community was a great success. With Zilog’s cutting edge product demonstrations, DESIGN West was the ideal venue to showcase their world-class products. Take a look at Steve Darrough, Zilog’s VP of Sales & Marketing, being interviewed about Zilog’s dynamic demonstrations.
Business Development Manager, Kevin Belnap demonstrates the latest platforms for digital audio. These platforms are perfect for those developing Smartphone / Portable Music Player docks or audio mixing solutions.
An introduction to B&B Electronics' newest, easy to use wireless Ethernet bridge. The GhostBridge creates a transparent, secure, high-speed (up to 150Mbps), point-to-point link between two remote devices or networks. The GhostBridge is sold in pre-configured pairs with PoE pass-through Ethernet ports to connect local devices like IP cameras. It is ready to go right out of the box, and requires no further configuration or software setup.
This 5 minute tour introduces the new features in ARM DS-5 version 5.14 including ARM big.LITTLE processing support, improved compiler, multi-core debugger and trace synchronization, power and temperature monitoring and much more...
EnerChip smart solid state batteries are made using semiconductor process on silicon wafers. EnerChips can be used in bare die form and co-packaged with other integrated circuits in a single package. This Embedded Energy configuration means energy storage can be integrated into devices where legacy batteries and super capacitors cannot be used.
http://mchp.us/HBJCgN This video demonstrates Microchip's MTS2916A stepper motor driver that is managed by a PIC microcontroller for driving one bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors.
http://mchp.us/11p6PO1 Introducing the MCP19111 - Microchip's first Digitally-Enhanced Power Analog Product
Featured White Papers
Xilinx Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoCs enable extensive system level differentiation, integration, and flexibility through hardware, software, and I/O programmability. Design smarter systems with tightly coupled software based control and analytics with real time hardware based processing and optimized system interfaces — with vastly lower BOM costs, lower NRE costs, lower design risk, and much faster time to market. Learn the nine reasons why Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoCs are a generation ahead of alternatives and the smartest solution.
DO-178C is the how-to manual for complying with Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR), which outlines the software development requirements for FAA approval. This paper focuses on specific processes, such as verification and validation activities, traceability, testing methods, and test environments described in DO-178C.
As tablets and smart phones become more ubiquitous in the corporate and M2M business world, connecting to older technologies – especially serial ports -- has become a bit more complicated. This article will describe the ways in which embedded AP modules can solve the problem by creating small, self-sustaining Wi-Fi network around your equipment. This doesn’t change the way the your existing devices are used, it just makes them easily accessible to tablets and phones.
Steady improvements in wireless technology are allowing more and more devices to establish wireless connectivity with the same reliability that has already been achieved with cable communications. Better still, it is becoming possible to make these kinds of connections in increasingly difficult environments and with legacy equipment. This article will describe some of the techniques you can use to make those connections seamless.
If you’re not designing Wi-Fi (802.11) into your systems already, you’ll be doing so very soon. Wi-Fi is rapidly establishing itself as the standard wireless connection for industrial devices. But there no need to start from scratch. This article will describe some of the ways in which vendors can serve as your 802.11 firmware and hardware development partners, and how they can save you time, money and trouble while doing so.
Unique Solid State Rechargeable Batteries are being used by Medical, Industrial Control, Consumer Electronics, Appliance and Smart Energy companies to power their new innovative electronic product designs. These batteries have capabilities that are superior to legacy energy storage devices such as coin cell batteries and supercapacitors. This white paper identifies the product requirements and technical specifications that are addressed by Cymbet EnerChip smart rechargeable solid state batteries.
New Threats Demand New Strategies
The network is the door to your organization for both legitimate users and and would-be attackers. For years, IT professionals have built barriers to prevent any unauthorized entry that could compromise the organization's netw