Agilent Electromagnetic Professional
Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro) is Agilent EEsof EDA’s software simulation design platform for analyzing the 3D electromagnetic (EM) effects of components such as high-speed and RF IC packages, bondwires, antennas, on-chip and off-chip embedded passives and PCB interconnects. EMPro features a modern design, simulation and analysis environment, high capacity simulation technologies and integration with the industry’s leading RF and microwave circuit design environment, Advanced Design System (ADS) for fast and efficient RF and microwave circuit design.
Key Benefits of EMPro Simulation Software
Design Flow Integration: Create 3D components that can be simulated together with 2D circuit layouts and schematics within ADS, using EM-circuit cosimulation.
Broad Simulation Technology: Set up and run analyses using both frequency-domain and time-domain 3D EM simulation technologies: Finite Element Method (FEM) and Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD).
Efficient User Interface: Quickly create arbitrary 3D structures with a modern, simple GUI that saves time and provides advanced scripting features.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Modern, efficient 3D solid modeling environment: EMPro provides the flexibility of drawing arbitrary 3D structures and the convenience of importing existing CAD files.
- Time- and frequency-domain simulation technology: 3D structures can be analyzed in EMPro using the same FEM simulator available in ADS.
- Parameterized 3D EM component generation: Parameterized 3D components created in EMPro and placed on a layout in ADS can be used to simulate the combination of the 2D layout and the 3D EM component.
- Finite Element Method (FEM) simulation engine
- Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) simulation engine
- Direct and Iterative solvers for different applications
- Compliance Testing option available for regulatory analyses such as Specific Absorption Rate (SAR)
- Graphical Processor Unit (GPU) Acceleration option available for dramatic speed & capacity improvement
IC packages, Multilayer RF modules, RF components, Aerospace/Defense, RF shielding, High-speed connectors, Handset antennas, and more.