Bosch highlights new MEMS sensors and innovative sensor-enabled applications
MEMS Executive Congress US 2015: November 4-5th
- World-leading MEMS sensor supplier has manufactured more than six billion MEMS devices
- High quality, high performance MEMS products for consumer and automotive applications
- Bosch eBike Systems highlights functionality made possible by sensors during the MEMS and Sensors Technology Showcase
At the upcoming MEMS Executive Congress, Bosch, the world’s leading supplier of MEMS sensors, will be showing how customers benefit when a group of companies, all under one umbrella, share their deep technical expertise in both tiny MEMS sensors as well as in larger, more complex systems.
The latest MEMS products from Bosch continue to demonstrate how the experience from its 20 years of high volume MEMS production is keeping the company at the forefront of MEMS innovation.
- The BMF055 MEMS sensor from Bosch Sensortec is the industry’s first custom, programmable 9-axis motion sensor with accompanying software which provides customers with a simplified method of integrating sophisticated sensor fusion functionality.
- The AKU151 and AKU350 ultra high performance MEMS microphones from Akustica combine new ASIC design elements, a new MEMS architecture and fabrication process, and new and innovative packaging technologies into two microphones with industry-leading performance for mobile and wearable applications.
- The new SMA130 from Bosch, which leverages packaging technology initially designed by Bosch for consumer applications, is the world’s smallest triaxial acceleration sensor for automotive applications.
Each of these new MEMS sensors is a testament to the unique advantage of being a part of Bosch, where each individual company can leverage the full depth and breadth of overall Group‘s expertise in MEMS modeling, design, and manufacturing. This allows all Bosch units to quickly respond to their own customer’s requirements by using newly developed technology and adapting older technology to deliver new and innovative MEMS products for diverse end markets.
Decades of technological innovation in MEMS and sensors at Bosch also reach to other Bosch units who focus on integrating sensors into more complex systems. As an example, Bosch eBike Systems has integrated a Bosch microprocessor and three sensors which measure a bicyclist’s torque, cadence, and wheel speed 1,000 times per second. These precision sensors combined with sophisticated algorithms that calculate the optimal electric assist for the rider are what makes the eBike experience feel smooth and completely natural. Bosch eBike Systems is a finalist in the MEMS and Sensors Technology Showcase which will be held on Wednesday, November 4th and Congress attendees will also have an opportunity to experience these features for themselves on this day.
Presented by the MEMS Industry Group, the MEMS Executive Congress US 2015 brings together leaders from the field of MEMS and sensors. The event takes place on November 4th and 5th in Napa, California.
Press who would like to meet with Bosch Sensortec or Akustica at MEMS Executive Congress may contact embedded PR, Anja-Maria Hastenrath, phone: +49 89 64913634-11, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To meet with Bosch eBike Systems or schedule a ride on an eBike, please contact Jonathan Weinert, phone: 248-308-4393, email: email@example.com