New Real News
April - 2017
- Gateways for the Internet of Things Speak Multiple Protocols
With multiple wired and wireless communications protocols in use on the factory floor, office,
- Embedded Computing Transforms Transportation
Rugged high-performance embedded computers are accelerating the path to driverless cars and
- Forging the Pathway to Smart, Small Form Factor Devices
The IntelÂ® Jouleâ¢ System on Module has features honed for the small form factor market that
- Capitalizing on IoT Gateway Market Growth
What benefits ensue when you gain the ability to mesh a Cloud API for IoT gateways into any
- Dispelling Fear as a Barrier: Q&A with Lynda Grindstaff, McAfee
Making the case for sharing as an effective weapon against the actions that endanger IoT security
- Fully Customizable Gateway SoC Platform Targets Wide Variety of IoT Applications
How the design methods used to develop an IoT Gateway SoC with a customizable platform can
March - 2017
- 3D Sensors Add Depth to Surveillance and Gaming
More 3D-enabled consumer devices, coupled with increased sensing in gaming and sophisticated
- Options Abound when Selecting a Sensor for Motor Feedback
(sponsor content) In many motion-control applications, it is necessary to know the position, speed and perhaps even acceleration of a motor\'s rotor or its load
- Chip and System Reliability Experts Assemble
The annual International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS) expands system reliability coverage to complement traditional microelectronics focus.
- What Caught My Eye at Embedded World 2017
This yearâs show starred innovations in automotive, automation, the IoT via carrier boards,
- Technology Convergence Enables Industrial IoT Solutions
How can the means to deploy any-to-any connectivity and execute fast development at the system level reach Industrial IoT designers?
- Innovation in Cellular Communications: Making Smart Meters Even Smarter
Hereâs what is helping the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) realize power efficiency,
- Why is Chip Design for IOT so Hard?
Internet-of-Things (IOT) designers face a different set of challenges from their traditional ASIC and SOC brethren. Will the market be ready?
February - 2017
- Optimizing Technology for IoT Systems – Adding Fingerprints and Brains
Examples in hardware-entangled security and neuromorphic processing show how technology can be further optimized to solve specific system and application demands.
- A Slice of Pi and the IIoT’s Appetite for Diversity
IntelÂ® Coreâ¢ i7 processing and open standards are meeting the IIoTâs varied I/O, graphics,
- HD Mobile Video Surveillance: Surpassing Network Limitations
Intel-based network appliances offer power densities that can help unburden your core networking
- The Quest for Faster, Lighter and Cheaper Next-Gen UAVs: Q&A with General Micro Systems
Recognizing the role Intel architecture is playing to assure UAVsâincluding small UAVsâare
January - 2017
- Protecting Smart Home Devices from Security Breaches
Design security need not take a back seat, even in the race to be first to market with smart,
- Make Chips Do More and Last Longer with Embedded FPGA
Data centers want programmable chips so they can upgrade the data centerâs ability during the life of the center without touching the hardware
- Automotive Capacitive Sensing Electronic Compliance
Hurdles continue to emerge for those designing automotive electronic subsystems, with complexity
- Can Autonomous Vehicles Absolve Human Responsibility?
In our rush to embrace the latest technology and take advantage of whatever benefits it offersâgreater
- Quo Vadis SPI?
How I3C is replacing SPI and the benefitsâincluding cost and energy savingsâwe can expect. The
- SLC NAND: Secrets Exposed
Why SLC NAND endurance has altered and what this change means for high reliability embedded
- MEMS and ASIC Design: How the Gap Can Narrow
As the MEMS ecosystem matures, what role will foundries play in its success? The occasion
- How Can the Smart Home Save Money?
A smart meterâs mission may have less to do with empowering homeowners to save costs and
December - 2016
- Gaming Devices and Wearables Sense that Biometrics are a Healthy Way Forward
Collecting and making sense of information to better our health and add new dimensions to gaming,
- Time for a New Approach to Video Bridging
As the I/O landscape for automotive, industrial, and other applications continues to evolve
- Design Advantages of Programmable, Efficient SoC Architectures
Flexible interfacing, hardware reconfigurability, and improved power efficiency are among the
November - 2016
- Meeting Storage Requirements for In-Vehicle Computing
The technology developments that are bringing cars closer to the ideal balance of high capacity storage and long service life.
- Intel® Natural Language Processing Won’t Hit the Wall Anytime Soon
Delivering language and machine learning capabilities to eHealthâwith an eye toward automotive,