eZ80F91 Flash MCU
Supported Architectures: Z80/eZ80
The eZ80F91 MCU is a high-performance 8-bit microcontroller with an integrated 10/100 BaseT EMAC. It is a power-efficient, optimized pipeline architecture microcontroller with a maximum operating speed of 50 MHz, and offers on-chip Flash Memory, SRAM, Ethernet MAC, and rich peripherals. The eZ80® CPU operates either in Z80-compatible (64 KB) mode or full 24-bit (16 MB) addressing mode.
Considering the increased clock speed and processor efficiency, the processing power of the eZ80 competes with the performance of 16-bit microprocessors. The eZ80 improves on the world-famous Z80® architecture, and like the Z80, the eZ80 CPU features dual bank registers for fast context switching. The eZ80F91 MCU supports several power management features. Two peripheral Power-Down Registers allow independent clock gating of on-chip peripherals under software control while operating under normal conditions. The eZ80 CPU writes to the control registers to disable the clock from driving any one of the peripherals while they are inactive.
In addition, execution of the HALT instruction suspends eZ80 CPU operation and eliminates clock power associated with the eZ80 CPU core. Execution of a sleep (SLP) instruction provides the lowest power consumption, and in SLEEP mode, only the on-chip RTC 32 KHz crystal oscillator remains active to drive the RTC and the WDT. Other peripherals like the system clock and the primary oscillator are disabled. You can reset the device by RTC alarm, a WDT time-out, or hardware reset.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 50 MHz high-performance eZ80 CPU
- IrDA-compatible infrared encoder/decoder
- Two universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UARTs) with independent baud rate generators
- Inter-integrated circuit (I2C) and serial peripheral interface (SPI) with independent clock rate generator
- Real time clock (RTC) with on-chip 32 KHz oscillator, and selectable 50/60 Hz input
- Power supply, 3.3V ± 0.3V
- Standard temperature, 0ºC to 70ºC
- Extended temperature, –40ºC to +105ºC
- Supply current at 50 MHz; 50 mA (typical)
- Supply current in HALT mode with peripherals powered down
Industrial. Communication. Automation. Security. Embedded Internet.
Order the eZ80 Series of Flash MCUs from your local Zilog sales representative or distributor.
ZiLOG1590 Buckeye Drive
Milpitas, CA, 95035-7418