Z16FMC Series Flash MCUs
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows XP and Windows 7
Supported Architectures: 8-bit and 16-bit
Zilog’s Z16FMC Series MCU, a part of the Flash Motor Control family of devices, is a powerful 16-bit CISC microcontroller that outperforms most RISC microcontrollers in its class. The Z16FMC boasts a unique architecture that provides the power, punch and performance of a 32-bit micro with the code, current efficiency and cost of a 16-bit.
The Z16FMC features Zilog’s ZNEO® CPU, which boasts a highly-optimized instruction set that achieves higher performance per clock cycle with less code space and lower overhead than competing architectures. Optimized for motor control applications, these devices are designed for the control of multiphase AC and DC variable-speed motors. Target applications are large appliances, HVAC and industrial.
This powerful yet simple core with sixteen 32-bit general-purpose registers supports complex CISC addressing modes and a single-cycle instruction set that includes frame pointer support, multi-bit shift and multi-register push/pop as well as powerful 32-bit math operations. The Z16FMC Series features a flexible multi-channel pulse width modulator (PWM) timer module with three complementary pairs or six independent PWM outputs supporting dead-band operation and fault protection trip input. These features provide multiphase control capability for a variety of motor types and ensure safe operation of the motor by providing Pulse-by-Pulse or latched fast shutdown of the PWM pins during fault condition.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 16-bit optimized Single-Cycle CISC core
- Up to 128 KB of in-circuit programmable Flash memory
- Highly integrated Digital/Analog peripherals
- Flexible communication interface including a 9-bit UART with LIN & IrDA, I2C, ESPI
- 12-Channel, 10-bit ADC with a 2.1μs conversion time
- Up to 128 KB of non-volatile Flash memory with read/write/erase capability
- A 12-channel ADC, which converts an analog input signal to a 10-bit binary number
- Moderate speed comparator (200 ns propagation delay) with a maximum input offset of 5 mV
- Three 16-bit reloadable timers used for timing, event counting, or generation of Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) signals
- Nominal untrimmed accuracy of ±30%, and the ability to manually trim the oscillator to achieve a ±4% frequency accuracy over the operating temperature and supply voltage range of the device
Large appliances. HVAC. Industrial. Power tools. Automotive.
Order the Z16FMC Series of Flash MCUs from your local Zilog sales representative or distributor.
ZiLOG1590 Buckeye Drive
Milpitas, CA, 95035-7418