Zilog’s World of Reference Designs
Zilog’s World of Reference Designs allow you to accelerate your next design with a head start. Zilog has combined the technical innovation of our product portfolio with optimized designs, an extensive pool of software, and the tools and resources needed to quickly get your product to market. Our reference design solutions ship complete with hardware and software, and all of the documentation you need is available free for download, which helps expand the design potential for all engineers, including engineering students. Our reference designs give you access to a wealth of new potential.
Zilog has many technologically innovative reference designs that include boards, modules, and even educational platforms. The Zilog Educational Platform is designed to offer a comprehensive educational advantage to students who are pursuing a degree in the electronics and computer sciences. It is an electronics development system for learning and teaching at the university level.
One of Zilog’s most recent motion detection reference designs is the ZMOTION AC Load Controller Design Module, which demonstrates how to use Zilog’s ZMOTION MCU in a passive infrared-based motion detector to control power to an AC load in applications such as lighting and HVAC systems. Our new Microstepper Motor reference design offers a complete and easy to use platform, and drives a unipolar stepper motor using the Z8F1680 MCU’s onboard analog comparators.
Zilog has a considerable selection of reference designs, helping to expand the potential for all.
Features & Benefits
- Mini-Z USB Design Board provides a reference design to incorporate USB host and peripheral functionality with Zilog’s portfolio of Mini-Z modules; the design also incorporates a Secure Digital (SD) card
- World of Sensors Design Board is an easy-to-use platform, and includes a world of sensing technology with which you can easily experiment, including seven different sensors, each on different peripherals
- ZMOTION AC Load Controller Design Module uses the 8-pin Z8FS040 MCU to intelligently control a mechanical relay, and provides user adjustments for motion sensitivity, delay time, and ambient light level
- Microstepper Motor Design Board drives a unipolar stepper motor using the Z8F1680 MCU’s onboard analog comparators for one-shot feedback current limiting, and is optimized for microstepper motor control
- Mini-Z Solid State Relay Design Board is a complete and easy-to-use development platform for Zilog’s series of Mini-Z stamp modules, which includes the ZNEO, WLAN, and Z-PAN 28-pin modules
Consumer electronics, industrial, communications/networking, medical, military/aerospace, security, wireless/mobile.
Available for purchase from the Zilog Store at
ZiLOG1590 Buckeye Drive
Milpitas, CA, 95035-7418