New Real News
April - 2017
- Gateways for the Internet of Things Speak Multiple Protocols
With multiple wired and wireless communications protocols in use on the factory floor, office,
- Capitalizing on IoT Gateway Market Growth
What benefits ensue when you gain the ability to mesh a Cloud API for IoT gateways into any
- Batteries at the Forefront
Automotive to smartphones to clean energy and more, needed improvements to energy storage canât
March - 2017
- What Caught My Eye at Embedded World 2017
This yearâs show starred innovations in automotive, automation, the IoT via carrier boards,
- Powering the IoT
The smart energy sector is but one of several where the IoT calls for designers to balance
- Innovation in Cellular Communications: Making Smart Meters Even Smarter
Hereâs what is helping the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) realize power efficiency,
- Why is Chip Design for IOT so Hard?
Internet-of-Things (IOT) designers face a different set of challenges from their traditional ASIC and SOC brethren. Will the market be ready?
- Control, Drive, Sense: High-Power Density SiC and GaN Power Conversion Applications
New power switch technologies are key to success with the next generation of motor control,
February - 2017
- Smart Thinking
Smart meters are well-established, but companies are still finding ways to improve communications
- Industrial Assets Often Outlive Connectivity Technology—What Are You Going to do About it?
Neither wireless nor wired connectivity options are immune to the march of time, but IoT developers
- Ransomware and the IoT: Q&A with Brett Kelsey, VP and CTO for the Americas, Intel Security Group
Can we overcome our tendency to put function and availability ahead of security? At the
- Advanced Power Monitoring
High-Side Versus Low-Side Current Sensing As energy efficiency and safety have become major
- Recent Tech Consolidation
The motives behind the latest semiconductor company mergers and acquisitions vary. Consolidation
- HD Mobile Video Surveillance: Surpassing Network Limitations
Intel-based network appliances offer power densities that can help unburden your core networking
January - 2017
- Formal-Based Verification for Safety-Critical Aeronautical Devices
Although the aeronautical electronics sector lacks the competitive pressure of its fast-paced
- Make Chips Do More and Last Longer with Embedded FPGA
Data centers want programmable chips so they can upgrade the data centerâs ability during the life of the center without touching the hardware
- How Can the Smart Home Save Money?
A smart meterâs mission may have less to do with empowering homeowners to save costs and
November - 2016
- Microchip will Continue to Provide a “Whole Solution” Approach Post Atmel Acquisition
Customers can continue to design Microchip in with confidence. Microchip Technology Inc.
October - 2016
- Qualcomm to acquire NXP
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ:Â Â QCOM) and NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:Â Â NXPI) today
- Energy Harvesting Reaps Rewards for Sensor Networks
Wireless sensors are being used in commercial and domestic buildings, vehicles and industrial
- Extension Media Launches Machine Learning Developers Conference 2017
New event co-located with the IoT Developers Conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center
September - 2016
- No Holds Barred for Industrial Sensing
Europe currently leads the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market, but North America is
- Mixed-Signal Platform Extends Charging
Mixed-signal platforms such as Silego's GreenPAK simplifies the design of an extended battery charger with minimal external components.
- Intrusion Detection for the IIoT: How Do We Detect Threats on the Factory Floor?
The critical first step to building a secure Industrial IoT. The Industrial IoT (IIoT)
August - 2016
- Increasing Power Density of Electric Motors Challenges IGBT Makers
Mentor Graphics answers failure mode questions and simulation-testing for IGBT and MOSFET power electronics in electronic, hybrid-electronic vehicles (EV/HEV).
- Why Heterogeneous PLC/Wireless Networks?
And why the requirements of mobile and smart energy arenât so far apart as you may think. Smart
July - 2016
- Leveraging Linux for Energy Smarts: Q&A with Steve Raschke, CEO CANDI Controls
How smart energy innovations can leapfrog the IoT standards wars to slash costs and carbon. CANDI
- Open Standards to Open up the IoT
As the IoT expands, the need to remotely manage devices on a variety of networks - to provide
- SoftBank to Acquire ARM for $32.2 Billion
SoftBank Group (SBG) announced today its intention to buy UK-based chip designer ARM Holdings
May - 2016
- ARM Acquires Apical - a Global Leader in Imaging and Embedded Computer Vision
Highlights: ARM has acquired the entire share capital of Apical Limited ("Apical"),