Artesyn’s ControlSafe™ Platform is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), fail-safe system for train control and rail signaling. Based on open standards, it provides a cost-effective solution that enables application developers and system integrators to substantially accelerate time-to-market without being deterred by the potentially high costs and risks associated with the stringent SIL4 system development and certification process.
With all reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS) processes designed to be certified to EN50126, all safety-related software to EN50128, and hardware to EN50129, the ControlSafe Platform can be deployed in SIL4 safety application environments.
Designed to deliver best-in-class system availability as high as 99.9999%, (system downtime limited to less than a few seconds per year), Artesyn has successfully completed extensive modeling and analysis to confirm that the ControlSafe Platform meets all the functional safety, reliability and availability requirements mandated by rail standards and specifications.
Adhering to Artesyn’s future-proof development philosophy, the ControlSafe Platform is modular, scalable and designed to seamlessly accommodate additional I/O interfaces as well as upgraded processors throughout the product life cycle.
Artesyn is committed to building long-term partnerships with our customers, based on proven and reliable systems with consistent performance. The ControlSafe Platform provides rail industry customers with an unmatched, highly reliable platform with 15 years of planned product life and 25 years of extended support and service.
Features & Benefits
- Highly integrated COTS platform designed to be certified to SIL4 safety standards
- Designed to deliver system availability as high as six nines (99.9999%)
- Modular and scalable for deployment in multiple safety applications
- Innovative data lock-step architecture allows seamless technology upgrades
- Hardware-based voting mechanism maximizes application software transparency
- Rugged design compliant with EN 50155
- Provides 15 years product life and 25 years of service
- Growing product portfolio to enable future wayside and carborne deployment
Fail-safe and fault-tolerant operation, train control, rail signaling