Rail Transportation Products
Supported Architectures: cPCI Serial, VITA, PCI/104 and CompactPCI
Elma designs and builds 19” chassis platforms, equipment racks, small form factor systems, power supplies, backplanes and a wide range of electro mechanical components targeted for use in railway signaling and communication applications. With a global presence, we provide electronic packaging and embedded system solutions for the railway industry in the US, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Rail applications demand reliable electronic systems that meet high safety-critical levels to ensure secure communication between trains and control systems. Exposure to extreme shock, vibration and temperatures require rugged systems designed and tested for harsh environments common in railway applications. At Elma, we have over 50 years of experience in meeting requirements for mission critical systems operating in rugged environments typical of transportation, industrial and defense uses. The result is optimized environmental protection and operational integrity for systems backed by our unparalleled commitment to delivering quality solutions.
As a Cisco Solution Technology Integrator, Elma offers Cisco Embedded Services Routing capability in standard and custom systems for secure mobile and trackside communications.
Elma has designed and successfully tested equipment cabinets for 19” chassis to meet both North American (AREMA) and European (CENELEC) railway standards – our M1 rugged cabinet series. The M1 cabinets passed all testing to qualify for use in railway applications where high vibration and shock conditions occur including both on-board as well as trackside uses. Additionally, consider these product offerings:
RAIL CAPABLE PRODUCTS
- Our Type 12K cPCI Serial based systems meet Safety Integrity Levels (SIL – IEC EN 61508)
- Full range of power supplies meeting various EN50155 and EN50121 requirements
- Small form factor PCs meeting EN55022 EMC protection
- Rugged Cisco routers meeting EN 50155 Class TX Internal Cubicle Temperature and shock and vibration per EN61373
- CompactPCI Serial backplanes meeting a SIL – IEC EN 61508
APPLICATIONS AND USES SERVED
- Signaling and communications systems
- Passenger infotainment systems
- Locomotive control
- Surveillance systems
- Station management / control
- Tilting and Bogie Control
- Traffic Management System
- European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS)
10 to 12 weeks for off the shelf products, for customs please contact our sales team.