Compatible Operating Systems: FreeRTOS, Keil RTX, MQX, Nucleus, Quadros RTXC, ThreadX, u-velOSity, uC/OS-II, CMX RTX, eCOS, emBOS, EUROS, ‘no-RTOS’, custom schedulers & super loops.
USB Support: USB Host, Device & OTG
Embedded USB for Professionals
HCC has invested millions of dollars developing software using an advanced embedded framework (AEF). This means we can supply USB peripheral software for any embedded processor with seamless support for any RTOS or scheduler. HCC middleware was designed to be truly target independent and portable – it simply drops-in, even if you use ‘no RTOS’ or a scheduler you developed yourself. If you need a complete, integrated solution HCC supplies eTaskSync, a highly efficient RTOS which is available with a full software verification suite including a static analysis report, MC-DC testing, and 100% statement and object code coverage. Why lock your USB development to a single RTOS, MCU or compiler?
Features & Benefits
- USB Host: HCC’s USB Host stack is a scalable suite that enables an embedded host to control a variety of USB devices including pen-drives, printers, audio devices, joysticks, virtual serial ports and network interfaces. The embedded USB host stack supports EHCI, OHCI and non-standard USB controllers.
- USB Device: HCC’s USB device stack allows developers to integrate USB device functionality into their embedded devices. It is available with a comprehensive suite of class drivers that gives the device many functional possibilities, including operating as a pen-drive, virtual serial port, joystick, audio system or a network card.
- USB OTG: On-the go acts as a switch between the USB host and device stacks, determined by the state of the ID pin. In many cases, OTG software is not required. HCC provides the hooks for this configuration as standard with the EUSB host and device stacks. HCC also provides a full software OTG stack that supports the SRP and HNP protocols for negotiating between two connected devices in order to decide which one shall operate as the host.
- AllSpeeds & Transfer Types: HCC USB comprehensively supports all USB End-point/Transfer Types and Interface Speeds including Low (1.5Mbs), Full (12Mbs) and High Speed (480Mbps). Transfer types include Control, Interrupt, Bulk, and Isochronous, providing the base for the widest possible range of class drivers.
- Composite, Compound & Complex Devices: HCC provides support for multiple USB functions to be used on the same device.
- Extensive Class Driver Support – External Hub – Mass Storage – Remote NDIS (RNDIS) – CDC Abstract Control Model (CDC_ACM) – CDC Ethernet Control Model (CDCECM) – CDC Ethernet Emulation Module (CDC-EEM) – OBEX devices – FTDI USB serial devices – Audio – Midi – Human Interface Device (HID) – Media Transfer Protocol – Printers – PICTBRIDGE – Personal Healthcare Device (PHCD)
- HCC’s unique position as a middleware developer means that we can offer tight integration of file systems, serial and Ethernet interfaces to support communications between different protocols. Connecting different devices to a PC used to involve many hardware inter- faces and protocols – e.g. Ethernet ports, serial ports, ATA/IDE interfaces, audio ports, video adapters etc. HCC USB provides the capability to share a single high- speed bus between many peripheral types – connecting TCP/IP networks over USB interfaces either as local or remote network adapters.
Immediately for ARM Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4/R4/A8, ARM7/9/11; Atmel AVR32, SAM3/4/7/9; Freescale Cold- Fire, Kinetis, PowerPC, i.MX, Vybrid, QorIQ; Infineon C164, XMC1000, XMC4000; Microchip PIC24, PIC32; NXP LPC1300/1700/1800/2000/3 000/4000; Renesas SuperH, RX, RL, 78k; SiliconLabs EFM32, SIM3; Spansion FM0/FM3/FM4; STMicroelectronics STM32; Texas Instruments MSP430, Stellaris, C2000, Hercules, DaVinci, Sitara, Tiva; Toshiba TMP M0/M3
Any embedded application requiring USB Connectivity.