Videos / Podcasts
July - 2016
- USB-C™ Technology and USB Power Delivery
- KSZ8061 Ethernet Physical-Layer Transceivers for Industrial and Automotive Ethernet
- Virtium Solid State Storage and Memory at a Glance
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4KC2yURyGk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube] Learn more about Virtium Solid State Storage and Memory in this two-and-a-half-minute video. Virtiumâs
- FPGAs for ASIC Prototyping Bridge Global Development
ASIC Prototyping with FPGAs faces global development challenges in the hardware-software IoT and automotive markets.
- Adafruit's Limor "ladyada" Fried interviews Digikey President Dave Doherty
In this video Adafruit Founder Limor Fried interviews Dave Doherty on topics ranging from the death of the physical catalogue, to the joy of running an engineering company as an engineer yourself.
- Microchip's Wearable Bluetooth® Low Energy Pedometer Demonstration Board
Microchipâs wearable Bluetooth Low Energy pedometer reference design demo helps designers develop a low-cost, low-power, wearable pedometer with both an on-board LED display as well as Bluetooth Low Energy capability to connect to smartphones and tablets. This demo board can be used as a basic wearable step count activity tracker design, but it can also be used as a development platform for the design of more advanced activity tracker functions such as distance traveled or calories burned. Also, additional biometric measurement capability can be added using other Microchip medical reference demo designs.
- The Virtualization Revolution: NFV Unleashed - Network of the Future Documentary, Part 6
The explosive growth of internet traffic has disrupted the technology industry, threatening to clog telecom networksâ¦ unless a new, scalable approach is implemented. This documentary - Part 6 in TIA's Network of the Future Documentary Series - explores the evolution of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and the hurdles faced when switching from infrastructure-heavy, legacy networks to virtualized networks. Industry leaders and experts, including Red Hat, VMWare, Brocade, HP and more, also uncover the benefits and use cases behind the transition from hardware-based networks to software-driven ones, making NFV a reality for network operators.
- SDN Fundamentals
In this Nugget, Anthony Sequeira describes software defined networking in a way that everyone can understand. This is a small slice of his Cisco Cloud Fundamentals course at CBT Nuggets. This course can lead to CCNA Cloud certification.
June - 2016
- Clarifying Embedded IOT Connectivity Confusion
IOT Devcon interview with Vivek Mohan at Silicon Labs examines standards vs. proprietary IOT connectivity.
- Microchip’s Connected Thermometer Demonstration
May - 2016
- World’s First H.264 Video CODECs for MOST & ADAS
[MNV234] Microchip introduces worldâs first H.264 video I/O companions optimized for MOSTÂ® high-speed automotive infotainment and ADAS Networks.
- Bluetooth® Low Energy Client Module with Motion Module MM7150 Demonstration
IoT demonstration with BluetoothÂ® Low Energy Client Module and Sensor Fusion Hub MM7150 showing 9-axis motion sensing for position, speed and acceleration.
April - 2016
- CDC 6600 | Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
One of the first supercomputers, the CDC 6600 was created in 1964 by Seymour Cray for the Control Data Corporation.
- The World's #1 Embedded Ecosystem - ARM at Embedded World 2016
A quick tour of the best of the best demos we spotted on the Embedded World 2016 exhibition floor. Give a shout out if you spot your own!
- Juggling with the BBC Micro:bit
In the first computer-juggling film ever on YouTube, ARM engineers show how the innovative new BBC micro-bit computer can be a fantastically fun device.
- PIC24F GB4 Family Doubles Flash Memory and Adds Security Features
Microchip doubles flash memory and adds new security options in latest family of eXtreme Low Power PICÂ® Microcontrollers.
- MM - MPLAB® Xpress IDE Edition - Episode 2 - Creating a New Project in MPLAB® Xpress IDE
This episode demonstrates how to create a new project inside of the MPLABÂ® Xpress IDE.
- MM - MPLAB® Xpress IDE Edition - Episode 3 - Using the MPLAB® Xpress IDE Bridge Tool
This video will demonstrate how to use the MPLABÂ® Xpress IDE Bridge Tool to program a microcontroller. When using a Programmer/Debugger like a PICkitâ¢ 3, or the integrated Programmer/Debugger like the one found on the Curiosity Board in MPLABÂ® Xpress IDE, the USB Bridge will need to be used.
- MM - MPLAB® Xpress IDE Edition - Episode 1 - Using Example Projects in MPLAB® Xpress IDE
In this video, an RGB Matrix WS2812B display is interfaced with the MPLABÂ® Xpress IDE Board. An example project from the MPLABÂ® Xpress IDE scrolls user text across the display demonstrating just how easy it is to get up and running with MPLABÂ® Xpress IDE.
- Introducing MPLAB® Xpress IDE
Overview of MPLABÂ® Xpress, a cloud-based streamlined version of Microchip Technologies award winning MPLABÂ® X IDE. A perfect tool for Makers, Academics and Industry Veterans looking for a fast and intuitive way to get started with the latest products and technologies from Microchip.
- Highlights include Si-based molecular scanners; cyber-security; automotive standard ISO 26262; SPIE Photonics; DVCon
John/Sean Travelogue for March 2016 - Highlights include Si-based molecular scanners; cyber-security; automotive standard ISO 26262; SPIE Photonics; DVCon.
February - 2016
- ARM booth tour at CES 2016
A snapshot of how and where ARM technology was used from running shoes to the world's smallest computer.
- ARM mbed watch demo
how mbed OS helps build smart, wearable devices.
- Bridging The Education Gap: The View From The ARM University Programme, with Dr. Khaled Benkrid
A look at the skills gap, the role of ICT and ARMâs education program, and the lifelong learning pipeline concept.
- Émile Baudot | Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
How one man multiplied the use and accuracy of telegraphy.
- ARM Launches the IoT Education Kit in China
At the opening of Peking Universityâs Smart Device Lab.
December - 2015
- Google's Colt McAnlis "The Hard Things about the Internet of Things". From ARM TechCon 2015
Colt McAnlis, Developer Advocate at Google, warned against data and power taxation of IoT users at ARM TechCon 2015.
- Heinrich Hertz | Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Dec 1, 2015: To celebrate the 25th anniversary of ARM's foundation we worked with the curators of the Science Museum in London to pick 25 people or objects from their Information Age gallery that were pivotal to the creation of modern technology.
- ARM's Mike Muller Keynote from ARM TechCon 2015
Highlights from ARM's CTO, Mike Muller's keynote at ARM TechCon 2015, including announcement of ARM Cortex-A35, ARM TrustZone for ARMv8-M, Cryptocell, and mbed connector.
November - 2015
- Introducing the Palladium Z1 Enterprise Emulation Platform
Daryn Lau, VP and GM of Hardware System Verification Group at Cadence, introduces the Palladium Z1 enterprise emulation platform. With more than five times the emulation throughput,