November - 2016
- Ethernet Alliance SC16 Panel Shows Ethernet Is In The Driver’s Seat
The Ethernet Alliance, a global consortium dedicated to the continued success and advancement of Ethernet technologies, today announced it is hosting a "Birds of a Feather" panel on
July - 2016
- Internet of Things: A Semiconductor Dilemma
For semiconductor companies, curating a developer community is not a choice but an imperative as community members move on to create 50% of the future IoT market.
June - 2016
- Ausdia Introduces Timevision ModeMerge
Ausdia introduced Timevision ModeMerge, which takes multiple functional and test timing modes, represented as SDC files, and merges them into a single SDC timing mode.
- Multi-Die IC Design Guide Available from ESDA
The Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance, an international association of companies providing goods and services throughout the semiconductor design ecosystem, today announced availability of the latest version of the Multi-Die integrated circuit (IC) Design Guide.
- UltraMemory Turns to NanoSpice, NanoSpice Giga from ProPlus Design
UltraMemory Inc. has selected NanoSpiceâ¢ and NanoSpice Gigaâ¢ from ProPlus Design Solutions, Inc. to simulate its super-broadband, super large-scale memory design.
- Avery Design Systems Announces SimXACT 3.0 for Improved X-Verification
Avery Design Systems Inc. announced availability of release 3.0 of its patented SimXACT analysis solutions including major new features for analyzing and automatically eliminating X bugs in gate-level design simulation.
- Soha Hassoun Receives Women in Engineering Award
Soha Hassoun, Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science at Tufts University and a past general chair of the Design Automation Conference (DAC), has been selected as the recipient of the Marie R. Pistilli Women in Engineering Achievement Award for 2016.
- ARM Extends Solutions for Custom SoCs in Embedded and IoT Markets
ARM has expanded its ARMÂ® DesignStartâ¢ initiative to offer simplified and expedited access to EDA tooling and design environments from Cadence and Mentor Graphics.
- Methodics and Magillem Team Up on IP Assembly Platform
Methodics Inc. announced a partnership with Magillem to deliver a new design environment linking best in class solutions.
- Runtime Unveils New Flexible Hierarchical Scheduler
Runtime introduced a new flexible hierarchical scheduler, WorkloadXelerator.
Concept Engineering introduced the newest addition to the Nlviewâ¢ automatic schematic generation family of products at DAC 2016.
- Si2 Launches Project to Develop IC Power Modeling Tech
Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2), an Austin-based integrated circuit research and development joint venture, has launched a project to help designers reduce power consumption, a growing challenge for most system-Âon-Âchip designs.
- Dolphin Integration Selects Silvaco Variation Manager For SRAM Design at Advanced Nodes
Silvaco announced that Dolphin Integration, a leading provider of power- and density-optimized memory silicon IP, has selected Silvaco Variation Manager to perform critical variability analysis and reliability qualification on SRAM memories designed using advanced process technologies.
- ANSYS Introduces First Big Data and Machine Learning System for Engineering Simulation
ANSYS has married the advanced computer science of elastic computing, big data and machine learning to the physics-based world of engineering simulation
May - 2016
- Advantech Named Microsoft® Global IoT Valued Partner and Extended Authorized Embedded Distributor in The Americas
Advantech, a global leader in embedded computing and Internet of Things (IoT) technology, is pleased to announce that in May its recognition as a Microsoft Global IoT Valued Partner
November - 2015
- Pericom Expands USB Type-C Product Portfolio with DisplayPort & Lowest Power USB ReDrivers
MILPITAS, CA, November 2, 2015 â Pericom Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: PSEM), a leading supplier of serial high-speed switching, connectivity, signal-integrity and timing solutions,
October - 2015
- congatec integrates new AMD Embedded R-Series SOC on COM Express
Rich and vibrant SOC graphics, full HSA 1.0 support, and even more performance starting at 12 watts congatec Inc., a leading technology company for embedded computer modules, single
- Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178 tuMP Multicore Operating System Selected by Georgia Tech Research Institute and Air National Guard for C-130 Software Modernization Program
Proven Leader in DO-178B Level A and EAL 6+ Operating Systems Selected for Intel Core i7 RTOS Requirement on Critical Airborne Computer Requiring Windows and Linux Virtualization Green
September - 2015
- Giada Introduces Fanless Mini PC – F103D
Stands out with solid performance, rich connectivity and ultra-thin design Giada Technology, an industry leader in Mini PCs, embedded systems and servers for small & medium enterprises,
March - 2015
- RGS Introduces RGS Education Chromebook Digital Learning Device Purpose Built for the Classroom
RGS, a business unit of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today introduced the RGS Education Chromebook, a new digital learning device purpose built for education, making classroom technology
- Freescale and NXP agree to $40 Billion merger
Chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV announced Sunday night that it has agreed to buy Freescale Semiconductor Ltd for $11.8 billion and merge business operations. The combined enterprise values at just over $40 billion and will create a new leader in the auto and industrial semiconductor markets.
February - 2015
- CSRmesh™ Home Automation brings simple, seamless control and connectivity to the home
CSRâs game-changing mesh protocol over BluetoothÂ® Smart is now optimized for Internet of Things applications beyond lighting control CSR plc (LSE: CSR; NASDAQ: CSRE) today announces
October - 2014
- ARM Expands into Enterprise Servers and IoT
At the ARM TechCon, Pete Hutton, president of ARMâs products group touched on many new developments and announcements, including HPâs 64-bit ARM-based server, big.LITTLE MP, OpenCL, JUNO, DuoLog/Socrates, Artisan/PowerGrid Architect, and Cortex M7.
- WD'S New Ultra-Compact Storage Server Protects User Data, Seamlessly Integrates Into Windows Environments
WD Sentinelâ¢ DX4200 Deploys Fast Processor, Enterprise-class Hard Drives and Integrated Back-up Software WDÂ®, a Western Digital (WDC) company and world leader in storage solutions,
- Microsoft unveils the future of Windows
Company gives first look at Windows 10, highlighting enterprise advancements and open collaboration. Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday unveiled its next Windows operating system, Windows
July - 2014
- Microsoft reducing staff by 18K, 12.5K (about 2/3 of total) will come from the Nokia acquisition in smart phones
This is the first volley in Nadellaâs restructuring of Microsoft. He realizes he is not Apple and should not be competing in HW directly with OEMs. Further, phones is a razor-thin
May - 2014
- USB WiFi Modules Feature Soft AP Support For Easy HotSpot Device Integration
Radicomâs WiFiHU2 Modules Helps OEM Turn Devices Into WiFi Wireless Access Points Radicom Research, a modem industry leader, is shipping its WiFiHU2 series of USB WiFi modem
- Avnet, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2014 Results
Continued Progress at Electronics Marketing Drives Year-Over-Year Growth in Revenue and EPS Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) today announced results for the third quarter fiscal year 2014
- Global Chip Revenue Rises in 2013, Reversing Loss from Earlier Year; Memory and Wireless Lead the Way
Worldwide semiconductor revenue rose a solid 5.0 percent last year, with memory chips the star performers, according to the latest research from IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Total
- North American Semiconductor Equipment Industry Posts March 2014 Book-to-Bill Ratio of 1.06
North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment posted $1.28 billion in orders worldwide in March 2014 (three-month average basis) and a book-to-bill ratio of 1.06, according