November - 2016
- Ethernet Alliance SC16 Panel Shows Ethernet Is In The Driver’s Seat
The Ethernet Alliance, a global consortium dedicated to the continued success and advancement of Ethernet technologies, today announced it is hosting a "Birds of a Feather" panel on
September - 2016
- Wind River Announces VxWorks Integration with IBM Watson IoT
Wind River is pleased to announce availability of the VxWorks real-time operating system (RTOS) client for the IBM Watson IoT platform.Â This is part of the IBM/Wind River collaboration
July - 2016
- Internet of Things: A Semiconductor Dilemma
For semiconductor companies, curating a developer community is not a choice but an imperative as community members move on to create 50% of the future IoT market.
June - 2016
- Multi-Die IC Design Guide Available from ESDA
The Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance, an international association of companies providing goods and services throughout the semiconductor design ecosystem, today announced availability of the latest version of the Multi-Die integrated circuit (IC) Design Guide.
- Ausdia Introduces Timevision ModeMerge
Ausdia introduced Timevision ModeMerge, which takes multiple functional and test timing modes, represented as SDC files, and merges them into a single SDC timing mode.
- UltraMemory Turns to NanoSpice, NanoSpice Giga from ProPlus Design
UltraMemory Inc. has selected NanoSpiceâ¢ and NanoSpice Gigaâ¢ from ProPlus Design Solutions, Inc. to simulate its super-broadband, super large-scale memory design.
- Avery Design Systems Announces SimXACT 3.0 for Improved X-Verification
Avery Design Systems Inc. announced availability of release 3.0 of its patented SimXACT analysis solutions including major new features for analyzing and automatically eliminating X bugs in gate-level design simulation.
- Soha Hassoun Receives Women in Engineering Award
Soha Hassoun, Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science at Tufts University and a past general chair of the Design Automation Conference (DAC), has been selected as the recipient of the Marie R. Pistilli Women in Engineering Achievement Award for 2016.
- ARM Extends Solutions for Custom SoCs in Embedded and IoT Markets
ARM has expanded its ARMÂ® DesignStartâ¢ initiative to offer simplified and expedited access to EDA tooling and design environments from Cadence and Mentor Graphics.
- Methodics and Magillem Team Up on IP Assembly Platform
Methodics Inc. announced a partnership with Magillem to deliver a new design environment linking best in class solutions.
- Si2 Launches Project to Develop IC Power Modeling Tech
Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2), an Austin-based integrated circuit research and development joint venture, has launched a project to help designers reduce power consumption, a growing challenge for most system-Âon-Âchip designs.
- Runtime Unveils New Flexible Hierarchical Scheduler
Runtime introduced a new flexible hierarchical scheduler, WorkloadXelerator.
Concept Engineering introduced the newest addition to the Nlviewâ¢ automatic schematic generation family of products at DAC 2016.
- Dolphin Integration Selects Silvaco Variation Manager For SRAM Design at Advanced Nodes
Silvaco announced that Dolphin Integration, a leading provider of power- and density-optimized memory silicon IP, has selected Silvaco Variation Manager to perform critical variability analysis and reliability qualification on SRAM memories designed using advanced process technologies.
- ANSYS Introduces First Big Data and Machine Learning System for Engineering Simulation
ANSYS has married the advanced computer science of elastic computing, big data and machine learning to the physics-based world of engineering simulation
February - 2016
- Raisecom Accelerates Its NFV Transformation with Wind River
NEWS HIGHLIGHTS Raisecom delivers virtualized small cell gateways to market 30% faster while ensuring 99.9999% network availability by using Wind River Titanium Server. Raisecom
October - 2015
- ADLINK Joins Wind River Titanium Cloud Ecosystem to Accelerate Deployment of NFV Solutions
Extreme Outdoor Server reduces backhaul costs and improves infrastructure's efficiency with more intelligent and optimized networks ADLINK Technology, a leading global provider of
- Green Hills Software INTEGRITY-178 tuMP Multicore Operating System Selected by Georgia Tech Research Institute and Air National Guard for C-130 Software Modernization Program
Proven Leader in DO-178B Level A and EAL 6+ Operating Systems Selected for Intel Core i7 RTOS Requirement on Critical Airborne Computer Requiring Windows and Linux Virtualization Green
March - 2015
- Freescale and NXP agree to $40 Billion merger
Chipmaker NXP Semiconductors NV announced Sunday night that it has agreed to buy Freescale Semiconductor Ltd for $11.8 billion and merge business operations. The combined enterprise values at just over $40 billion and will create a new leader in the auto and industrial semiconductor markets.
October - 2014
- ARM Expands into Enterprise Servers and IoT
At the ARM TechCon, Pete Hutton, president of ARMâs products group touched on many new developments and announcements, including HPâs 64-bit ARM-based server, big.LITTLE MP, OpenCL, JUNO, DuoLog/Socrates, Artisan/PowerGrid Architect, and Cortex M7.
September - 2014
- New Artesyn Embedded Technologies Server Blade Optimized for Network Function Virtualization and Deep Packet Inspection Applications
At the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) today, Artesyn Embedded Technologies announced the ATCA-7480, a new packet and server processing AdvancedTCAÂ® (ATCAÂ®) blade featuring dual IntelÂ®
- Kontron to demonstrate carrier grade NFV/SDN-enabled Application on the Symkloud Platform at Intel Developer Forum
GENBAND, Wind River collaboration illustrates significant service acceleration benefits of a carrier grade software-defined cloud infrastructure Kontron today announced it has collaborated
May - 2014
- Avnet, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2014 Results
Continued Progress at Electronics Marketing Drives Year-Over-Year Growth in Revenue and EPS Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) today announced results for the third quarter fiscal year 2014
- North American Semiconductor Equipment Industry Posts March 2014 Book-to-Bill Ratio of 1.06
North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment posted $1.28 billion in orders worldwide in March 2014 (three-month average basis) and a book-to-bill ratio of 1.06, according
- Global Chip Revenue Rises in 2013, Reversing Loss from Earlier Year; Memory and Wireless Lead the Way
Worldwide semiconductor revenue rose a solid 5.0 percent last year, with memory chips the star performers, according to the latest research from IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Total
April - 2014
- Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas Releases Monthly Market and Technology Trends Report
Design with caution is the advice for mobile device makers as DRAM prices continue their upward climb and lead times range from six weeks to allocation, according to the latest Market
- The Embedded Software Store Expands Its Site in Support of CPU Architectures Beyond the ARM Architecture
Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), today announced the Embedded Software Store, an online information and e-Commerce-based website dedicated
- Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Grew 5 Percent in 2013, According to Final Results by Gartner
Intel Retained the No. 1 Position for the 22nd Year in a Row Total worldwide semiconductor revenue reached $315 billion in 2013, up 5 percent from 2012, according to Gartner, Inc.
- February Semiconductor Sales Up 11.4 Percent Compared to Last Year
Sales Increase By 18 Percent Year-To-Year In Americas Region The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), representing U.S. leadership in semiconductor manufacturing and design,
- North American Semiconductor Equipment Industry Posts February 2014 Book-to-Bill Ratio of 1.00
North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment posted $1.29 billion in orders worldwide in February 2014 (three-month average basis) and a book-to-bill ratio of 1.00,