Wireless Standards Supported: EDGE (E-GPRS) Class 10, GPRS Class 12
Compatible Operating Systems: Operating system independent
The SocketModem® EDGE wireless modem delivers some of the fastest cellular data speeds
by utilizing EDGE technology. It allows users to connect to the Internet and send and
receive data up to three times faster than possible with an ordinary GSM/GPRS network
making it ideal for highly data-intensive applications. Based on industry-standard open
interfaces, it is equipped with quad-band GSM, which means it can be used worldwide on all
existing GSM networks.
It integrates the controller, RF transceiver, and antenna interface in one module. This
integration requires low power, low real estate and provides an overall reduction in
costs. It also includes an embedded TCP/IP protocol stack.
This wireless modem interfaces easily with existing products through a standard serial
communication channel. The serial DTE channel is capable of transfer speeds to 460K bps
and can be interfaced directly to a UART or microcontroller. The complete on-board RF
transceiver interfaces with an antenna for direct connection
to wireless SMS, circuit-switched dial-up, or packet data networks.
Multi-Tech’s Universal socket flexible com-port architecture
provides cellular, Ethernet, PSTN or Wi-Fi® network access with interchangeable
Developer’s Kit: allows you to plug in the module and use it for testing, programming and
evaluation. The kit includes one development board with RS-232 DB-25 connector, universal
power supply, antenna and RS-232 cable.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Interchangeable socket modules using Universal Socket Connectivity
- Quick-to-market solution
- Global approvals
- MMCX antenna connector & SIM card holder
- FCC, PTCRB and R&TTE certified
- Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Packet data rates up to 240K bps (coding scheme, MCS-9, LLC layer, 4 time slots)
- Circuit-switched data up to 14.4K bps non-transparent
- Supports Short Message Service such as text and PDU mode, point-to-point (MT/MO) and
- Voice features include Half rate (HR), Full rate (FR), Enhanced full rate (EFR),
Adaptive multi rate (AMR), as well as hands free echo cancellation, and noise reduction
Targeted at highly data-intensive applications such as remote video surveillance and
multimedia applications where you are sending digital images and web pages.