New Real News
April - 2017
- Cloud Computing, Fog Architecture and Why Senior Communities Should Care
Why edge computing and fog architecture are a natural for senior living communities. The
- Gateways for the Internet of Things Speak Multiple Protocols
With multiple wired and wireless communications protocols in use on the factory floor, office,
- Neural Lace: The Ultimate Wearable?
More than just striving to be ahead of competitors is fueling Intel industrial automation,
- Capitalizing on IoT Gateway Market Growth
What benefits ensue when you gain the ability to mesh a Cloud API for IoT gateways into any
- Running Your Embedded System at 0 MIPS
Even where activities such as wireless connectivity for IoT applications dominate current consumption,
- Simplicity Is Key: Designing Intuitive Devices Using Complex Hardware and Software
Stitching together the piecesâand solving interdependency issues the old-fashioned wayâ
- What’s Next in Wearable Healthcare Design?
From making it possible to check vital signs to helping shrink development cycles, the advances
March - 2017
- IoT Design Needs New Components…Why Existing Embedded System Architectures Aren’t Good Enough
As connected embedded systems take care of increased data processing at the node, semiconductor
- Car-to-Cloud: Level 5 Autonomy Depends on 5G
Car, cloud, and connectivity are what it takes to advance past Level 4 autonomous driving.
- Chip and System Reliability Experts Assemble
The annual International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS) expands system reliability coverage to complement traditional microelectronics focus.
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Hot or Hype?
If people can get past the goofy headset, VR will open markets for entertainment, education,
- What Caught My Eye at Embedded World 2017
This yearâs show starred innovations in automotive, automation, the IoT via carrier boards,
- Technology Convergence Enables Industrial IoT Solutions
How can the means to deploy any-to-any connectivity and execute fast development at the system level reach Industrial IoT designers?
- An Overview of 5G: What You Need to Know
5G will significantly improve mobile wireless. Standards arenât defined yet, but technologies
- Innovation in Cellular Communications: Making Smart Meters Even Smarter
Hereâs what is helping the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) realize power efficiency,
February - 2017
- Smart Thinking
Smart meters are well-established, but companies are still finding ways to improve communications
- Industrial Assets Often Outlive Connectivity Technology—What Are You Going to do About it?
Neither wireless nor wired connectivity options are immune to the march of time, but IoT developers
- Barco's ClickShare Taps AMD for Simplified Meeting Room Experience
An accelerated processing unit (APU) is key to making a compact form factor roomy enough for
- Consolidating Railway Communication
Virtualization can break down the barriers between various non-vital rail travel applications
- What is Reality Anyway?
Definitions do exist for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality--along with challenges as these
- HD Mobile Video Surveillance: Surpassing Network Limitations
Intel-based network appliances offer power densities that can help unburden your core networking
January - 2017
- Watch These Digital Signage Trends in 2017
2017 shows all the signs of being a fantastic year for digital signage, with the latest tech
- Protecting Smart Home Devices from Security Breaches
Design security need not take a back seat, even in the race to be first to market with smart,
- Make Chips Do More and Last Longer with Embedded FPGA
Data centers want programmable chips so they can upgrade the data centerâs ability during the life of the center without touching the hardware
- Automotive Capacitive Sensing Electronic Compliance
Hurdles continue to emerge for those designing automotive electronic subsystems, with complexity
- Beginning the Discussion on the Internet-of-Space
A panel of experts from academia and industry assembled at the recent IEEE IMS event to answer critical questions are the role and impact of RFIC technologies.
- How Can the Smart Home Save Money?
A smart meterâs mission may have less to do with empowering homeowners to save costs and
December - 2016
- Wireless Video and the Commercial Small Drone Market to Bring Operational Efficiencies to New Heights
ABI Research Forecasts Market Revenue for Commercial sUAVs with Wireless Video to Top $1 Billion
November - 2016
- Learn Baby Learn
True, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning are no longer in infancy, but the excitement
- TV White Space Spectrum Market Worth 53.1 Million USD by 2022
The report "TV White Space Spectrum Market," published by MarketsandMarkets, pegs the global market at USD 1.2 Million in 2015. It is expected to reach approximately USD 53.1 Million by 2022, at a CAGR of 74.30% during the forecast period.